Border run...

Noi657

Ok, so I've got a six month tourist visa, two months in and I went to immigration to extend for another 30 days. This expires on the 3rd December. Been told I have to leave thailand to get stamped for another 60 days. Where would be the easiest place to do this from hua hin? Do I have to fly out or can I drive to the border, pop out and then back in?

Kind regards

The nearest crossing or the one everyone from HH uses anyway is Ranong, approx 4.5 - 5 hours drive away

You can either use the main port there (longtails) or pay a little more and use the Catamaran at the Andaman Club,

Note: As this would you your second part of your tourist visa they may ask you for a plane ticket out. hotel bookings and money to support yourself whilst here, you will be able to find out more info about this in the visa section of TV

The nearest crossing or the one everyone from HH uses anyway is Ranong, approx 4.5 - 5 hours drive away

You can either use the main port there (longtails) or pay a little more and use the Catamaran at the Andaman Club,

Note: As this would you your second part of your tourist visa they may ask you for a plane ticket out. hotel bookings and money to support yourself whilst here, you will be able to find out more info about this in the visa section of TV

hmm? really most people go to Ranong?

the Andaman club is 388 kilometers drive from Hua Hin, the Kanchanaburi drive is 243 to 278kms away.

I have never thought of going to Ranong myself and used the border crossing in Kanchanaburi about 4 times.. nowadays the only thing you need to do, drive there. have 900 baht.

to see where the border is is to google either:

or

"Ban Huai Nam Khao School Sakha Ban Phu Nam Ron, Mueang Kanchanaburi District, Kanchanaburi, Thailand"

I went there a few times, with my honda wave from Cha-am, left at 5am and was back on the beach at 1pm

• Like 1

hmm? really most people go to Ranong?

the Andaman club is 388 kilometers drive from Hua Hin, the Kanchanaburi drive is 243 to 278kms away.

I have never thought of going to Ranong myself and used the border crossing in Kanchanaburi about 4 times.. nowadays the only thing you need to do, drive there. have 900 baht.

to see where the border is is to google either:

or

"Ban Huai Nam Khao School Sakha Ban Phu Nam Ron, Mueang Kanchanaburi District, Kanchanaburi, Thailand"

I went there a few times, with my honda wave from Cha-am, left at 5am and was back on the beach at 1pm

I'm sure I read somewhere that this crossing was no longer accessible to Farangs due to a visa needed to enter Burma?

A forum search by the OP may help him on this

I've been there with a visa afterwards and it ended up costing me more than without..and it took a lot more time (and they told me I could have done it for 900 baht).. meh

3 months later I've been a second time this time no visa, 900 baht everything sorted

that thread is called "No More Kanchanaburi Border Runs" and .. well it's bull.

very well arranged agreement nowadays.

you either get visa and pay 200 baht for 10m drive on a motorbike

or

you go and pay 900 baht, sorry 910 baht (photocopies)

Edited by kekalot

I've been there with a visa afterwards and it ended up costing me more than without..and it took a lot more time (and they told me I could have done it for 900 baht).. meh

3 months later I've been a second time this time no visa, 900 baht everything sorted

that thread is called "No More Kanchanaburi Border Runs" and .. well it's bull.

very well arranged agreement nowadays.

you either get visa and pay 200 baht for 10m drive on a motorbike

or

you go and pay 900 baht, sorry 910 baht (photocopies)

Same here, no visa, 900 baht, easy drive and spot of lunch by the bridge over the river kwai Edited by kmj

• 4 weeks later...