PRD gears up campaign to create positive image for Thailand with foreigners

webfact

Hard to educate an educated audience to what a totalitarian controlled government wants the reader to think.

Most of the damage has occurred over the last 12 months.

Good luck to the Government if they can pull it off. Sounds as though they are after ideas?

I beg to differ. ALL of the damage has been done since forever here.

• Like 1

No coup or Junta of gunned up mafia in uniforms is a good thing and they never do anything but protect their own interests. Try reading a history book. It's 2014. Preaching fascism is a difficult call.

Every successful Asian economy started on the path to success with a dictator. That's what it takes to reset a system too dysfunctional to be fixed.

Is this the right guy? I don't know, but things are better where I live since the coup.

Send me a PM if you start hearing about executions and kidnappings and ripping out fingernails. But I won't be waiting up.

It all gets a bit bizarre, as you have 2 versions of reality. The international one and the local one.

The image at some stage has to agree with reality, Thailand has to see it self as others see it. For most Thai people that is very difficult.

• Like 1

will this include a full investigation of WHY so many are being stopped, searched and drug tested by the police in the Asoke-Tong Lor area?

I can't think of one other country in Asia where foreigners are stopped and ID demanded and fined if they are not carrying passports or other ID.

No-one would carry a passport around with them, it's just too risky.

Like in Pattaya, they stop farang at night in the Walking Street and demand to see their passports. That really makes sense doesn't it? Carry a highly valuable document like your passport when you go out on the tiles, getting drunk, walking through dense crowds full of street hookers and pickpocketing ladyboys.

A couple of months ago the powers that be said from I believe 26th August we all had to carry our passports at all times and a few days later changed their minds. I personnally carry the following 1) My driving licence for a car 2) My driving licence for my motorbike 3) A credit card sized, laminated copy of my passport. Carry my Passport my answer is NO - lose that and you have problems. The old saying is they do not want us here as it is a case of leave your credit/debit card and go home and they wonder why tourism is down about 20%. Remember those in power we the ferang and especially those living here do NOT cost you Bt1 all we do is add billions to your economy

will this include a full investigation of WHY so many are being stopped, searched and drug tested by the police in the Asoke-Tong Lor area?

Tell me if I am wrong but for all the bad things I can mention about the UK at least if a policeman stopped you for anything he/she had to have a real reason for doing so. Stop and search without just cause as far as I understand is somehting the police cannot do

...unless you happened to be a Brazilian who might have looked a bit like someone else...

And here we go again. Instead of creating a better image, which would probably be a false image, they should fix the problems. Once the problems are addressed, the foreigners will create their own "real" images of Thailand.

[/quote

Actually maybe they should call it "unreal Thailand"

When i am there, many times i must ask myself..is this place for real?

even when im not there and just reading the news i will ask myself this same question

Every successful Asian economy started on the path to success with a dictator. That's what it takes to reset a system too dysfunctional to be fixed.

Is this the right guy? I don't know, but things are better where I live since the coup.

Send me a PM if you start hearing about executions and kidnappings and ripping out fingernails. But I won't be waiting up.

What 'Dictator' here? I do hope you are not referencing ....

Reality and Thailand - 2 different worlds come together! Our view of reality and the view of the Thais on reality are very very different, and lucky we are if we get the right Thai partner and we are flexible enough to mix that 2 different views together and I know that everyone who experience this agrees with me then Thailand is heaven. At least I see it that way.

• Like 1

military coup, military martial law, military junta, military NLA, military Great Leader... hmmmm what an image... until that changes, there is no PR campaign that can improve that image

Edited by fobuff
  • Like 2

Better image = better cover-up of of dirty human rights reputation and illegal overthrow of democratically elected government

Why do we have to put up with this nonsense. For the thousandth time the Shinawatra regimes were not democratically elected. An election per se is not the end all and be all of democracy. People who did vote were voting for a dictatorship in waiting. The evidence against the Shinawatra regime is overwhelming. Sometimes a coup is the only way of stopping despots in their tracks. Give me a benevolent military against a so-called Thaksin democracy any day.

Reality and Thailand - 2 different worlds come together! Our view of reality and the view of the Thais on reality are very very different, and lucky we are if we get the right Thai partner and we are flexible enough to mix that 2 different views together and I know that everyone who experience this agrees with me then Thailand is heaven. At least I see it that way.

You've just passed your seventieth birthday, haven't you saai.gif

• Like 1

That's a phase that will pass, just a question of how soon.

• Like 1

‘The Drive of Public Relations Plan for the practical implementation to create positive attitude in foreign target groups

Catchy....

Yes, its the TDOPRPPFTITCPAIFTG Campaign for short.

Or its an anagram for "DO TIT CRAPPPP GIFFT". I have no idea what it means but I am sure after a few goes it would be easier to commit to memory then the original drivel.

• Like 1

Does this campaign include all the previously implemented "courses of action for attraction" like refusing foreigners with valid education visas to enter the country, the "attractive" 49% foreign / 51% Thai business requirement, ten times higher (or more) than Thai national park entrance fees, increasingly difficult visa and work permit requirements, the need to be blood-checked for Syphilis when applying for a work permit, the fact that foreigners can't buy or own land, forcibly taking sun beds or beach umbrellas from tourists, bashing tourists heads in to let the following "murder investigation" go bananas in corrupted and disgraceful sharade, the general and constantly increasing anti-foreigner attitude, the fact that foreigners here are tolerated for the sake of their money but not wanted, blackmailings by corrupt RTP and immigration officers, crackdowns on anything and everything foreigner co-owned, managed or performed by foreigners, and the commonly used "if you don't like to be taken advantage of on a daily basis, then go back to your home country" killer argument?

Thailand and its people should learn that you don't "create" a positive image - you either have it, respectively the "positive image" is kept within the peoples' hearts or it simply isn't there, whereas for Thailand it is the latter.

With the anti-foreign, self centered, narcissistic and greedy attitude most Thai people and officials display in everyday life, the PRD campaign is a "mission impossible". You simply can't polish a turd!

This guy has nailed it.....nothing more needs to be said!

• Like 1

Image boosting campaign to create positive attitude for foreigners?

Here's and idea!

Return Thailand to the people and have an election.

Not only I will the rest of the world look at Thailand in a more positive light the economy will be much brighter to!

And number 2....how about a "pedestrian endangerment fine" on all vehicles and signs that force pedestrians onto the roadway,...let's say,...B2000 per infraction,...with the fines going towards improving Pedestrian Happiness.

• Like 1

Well, having your Gestapo like Police Officers stopping innocent Farangs on the street corner and demanding to see their Passports, then throwing in the back of the Paddy Wagon handcuffed if they can't produce it on the spot, is not showing a positive image to foreigners. It is showing a Police like State which is definitely unfriendly to foreigners.

The proof is in the pudding and not in your words.The first step is to stop this kind of treatment and actions. What ever happened to that big smile we used to get from the Friendly Police Officer when you first got off at the airport?

Advice #1

Crack down on prostitution. Nothing makes thai people lose face more than prostitution. Many people think of Thai women as sex workers and the country's moral bad. If a country has good morals, how can they allow their daughters and sisters to sell their bodies to ANY foreigner? That is what people think. Anyone who visits Thailand will see it. Get rid of prostitution and Thailand will get rid of many problems, not only it's tarnished image.

Asking questions, especially of foreigners, is just not part of their mind set. Face aka image is. They just don't get it. All the PR in the world won't matter compared to word of mouth and the reality tourists encounter. They are stuck in a 60's media mentality but internet and social media trumps all the slick ads they may produce.

Utter b??l shit. They want your money with no responsibility.

They will not except that Thais can do no wrong, even murder.

Get rid of the Mafias, police corruption and a money corrupting legal system and you may get somewhere.

They talk a lot, do nothing and get promoted.

When they are caught they are promoted again.

TOT

The Bangkok police should stop urine testing foreigners and do a blood test direct. This would save the foreign men the indignity of urinating in public. To show their commitment to women's equality in light of the Bikini comment. More women police officers should be trained to take urine and blood samples from women tourists especially if they look trashy and are with seedy men. This would help in the fight for national security as well as put an end to the scourge of people 'relaxing' while on holiday in Thailand.

Thought you were going to suggest more women police patrolling in bikinis for a second there. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

That would bring in the tourists in DROVES!!!! clap2.gif

• Like 1