Musings of an expat returned to Australia

AussieSteve

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Mate ... Haters are always going to Hate.

I read it also .. thus appreciated when it was removed.

Well done MJP ... thumbsup.gif

Hater??!!

I'm no hater, mate. I'm a REALIST.

Importing women from Thailand when there's a considerable age gap is a seriously bad idea.

If the OP thinks he was anything but the best available at the time, there's no hope at all.

The minute she has more options, then poof, she'll be gone.

The guy should head back over here, try to live within his means and stay with his wife

I often wonder why people like you are on this forum.........is it to help, no........................... is it to tell the world how good you are, yes............. is it to give positive assistance to the inexperienced, no................................... is it to say,"I've been there mate and I know for sure whats going to happen", yes.

As I said before why do you bother writing such negative comments,......................... you are a real bundle of joy.

Are you a happy person who is content with life...... I don't think so. Well keep all that frustration and unhappiness to yourself and stop trying to make everyone else unhappy.

Then there are those of us who live in Thailand and have met you Johnny come lately Somchais everyday.

Wait til your mrs falls under the "Queen Bee" influence.

Yes my mrs was laughed at, mocked and despised coz she didnt drink, play cards or gamble and flog her ass.

Wonder how many on here can identify with this situation.

Front room, kids running wild, going berserk, front room trashed.

Kitchen, sat on their ass not giving a shyt about the kids, munching down som tam and playing cards.

Back patio, Johny Loser and his mate Billy No mates, drinking Chang and talking about his Thainess, boasting about how the girls father gave him a good deal on gov't land that wasnt his to sell, and how they cant wait to get back to some village in the back of bumferk beyond.

Wankas the lot of them.

Hater??!!

Importing women from Thailand when there's a considerable age gap is a seriously bad idea.

If the OP thinks he was anything but the best available at the time, there's no hope at all.

The guy should head back over here, try to live within his means and stay with his wife

I often wonder why people like you are on this forum.........is it to help, no........................... is it to tell the world how good you are, yes............. is it to give positive assistance to the inexperienced, no................................... is it to say,"I've been there mate and I know for sure whats going to happen", yes.

As I said before why do you bother writing such negative comments,......................... you are a real bundle of joy.

Are you a happy person who is content with life...... I don't think so. Well keep all that frustration and unhappiness to yourself and stop trying to make everyone else unhappy.

I GAVE you positive assistance as you're clearly inexperienced. I told you to get your arse back to Thailand to be with your wife and live within your means.

I outlined a scenario that has happened to COUNTLESS older guys who, just like you, thought it was a good idea to bring a much younger, good-looking Thai woman back to the West.

I told you it's a mistake because a legion of guys with more money, better looks and more years ahead of them than behind will almost certainly be buttering your missus up behind your back . . . and, trust me, to a younger woman, those guys are gonna sound like a lot more fun to be with than an old boy making distinctly average coin.

Edited by Cypress Hill

Hater??!!

I GAVE you positive assistance as you're clearly inexperienced. I told you to get your arse back to Thailand to be with your wife and live within your means.

I outlined a scenario that has happened to COUNTLESS older guys who, just like you, thought it was a good idea to bring a much younger, good-looking Thai woman back to the West.

I told you it's a mistake because a legion of guys with more money, better looks and more years ahead of them than behind will almost certainly be buttering your missus up behind your back . . . and, trust me, to a younger woman, those guys are gonna sound like a lot more fun to be with than an old boy making distinctly average coin.

I can understand where you come from by posting in this manner. It would only apply if the woman in question can speak the lingo good, is outward looking, has decent jobopportunities, well educated, good looking and was fun to be with. This for the locals who have no connection or understanding of thailand, its people and its culture.

So how big are the chances his woman will be like that ? Not even to mention the extra baggage...kids.

I can understand where you come from by posting in this manner. It would only apply if the woman in question can speak the lingo good, is outward looking, has decent jobopportunities, well educated, good looking and was fun to be with. This for the locals who have no connection or understanding of thailand, its people and its culture.

So how big are the chances his woman will be like that ? Not even to mention the extra baggage...kids.

Oh behave yourself, Ben.

How many guys come over here and end up hooking up with young birds with kids already in place? How many of them give a toss about her education or whether she's an extrovert or not? All they care about is if she's a looker and has a pleasant demeanour.

Try not to over-complicate things. Men really aren't that sophisticated

I bought my wife out to Aust twice on a tourist visa before getting the spouse visa. Her second tourist visa wasn't stamped "no further stay". We got married as soon as we could appliedfor the spouse visa and got a bridging visa until the spouse visa was approved. Maybe we were just lucky. When we saw that tourist visa without the stamp, we ran from the BKK Aust embassy at the speed of sound, before they realised.

Oh behave yourself, Ben.

How many guys come over here and end up hooking up with young birds with kids already in place? How many of them give a toss about her education or whether she's an extrovert or not? All they care about is if she's a looker and has a pleasant demeanour.

Try not to over-complicate things. Men really aren't that sophisticated

But its not overhere.....but overthere....as you posted before.

I agree though with the rest of your post. Unfortunately.

Steve, welcome back to Australia Brisbane QUEENSLAND.

Some great advice above.

As Will alludes to above, read through and make a post in ... aussie-partner-processing-wait-times

There are a heap of us going through the Partner Visa process. In short, if you have applied in Thailand ... allow maybe 10 months, seriously, but read through the thread to get a full comprehension.

You can apply in Australia, but it takes longer and costs $1,000 more.

There is a Wat in the Brisbane area, on acreage in the south-east.

logo.png

http://www.watthaibrisbane.com.au/

I've only been there for the big celebrations as on the GC there is also a Wat.

https://www.facebook.com/watthaibuddharam/info?tab=overview

Lot's of Asian shops down SunnyBank way.

Only seen one dedicated Thai Brisbane shop though ... it's in the Valley ... http://www.yellowpages.com.au/qld/fortitude-valley/lin-company-thai-groceries-12568431-listing.html

The Thai Consulate is on Annerley Road ... http://www.thaiconsulate.org/ Super friendly.

One tip ... if you post stuff to them and need it posted back, certainly passports, buy the Express envelope that requires a signature at your end otherwise they won't send them any more ... recent change.

Hope some of that helps you.

WAT is in Paradise Road, Foresdale (west of Browns Plains)

Daniel Boon, Believe it or not! People like you are a troll and should go and get %$^&*ed

a troll hey? (blowhard from 1967) I am not the only one who has an issue with your contradictory statements.

For a person claiming to be educated and articulate, you certainly have a problem writing grammatically and chronologically ... as to getting %$^&*ed ... I will, with my super intelligent and beautiful Thai Wife ...

I think you should be fine, she will have the daughter and you there for company. I think thai women tend to feel a bit lonely used to a lot of friends and family back home. You're taking a chance on her and hopefully it will all work out okay. It's going to be a big change for them.

From my experience they are happier in their own country, but is probably willing to sacrifice a few things for a better future.

Good luck

I think you should be fine, she will have the daughter and you there for company. I think thai women tend to feel a bit lonely used to a lot of friends and family back home. You're taking a chance on her and hopefully it will all work out okay. It's going to be a big change for them.

From my experience they are happier in their own country, but is probably willing to sacrifice a few things for a better future.

Good luck

Thanks mate.... nice to get some support here.

Hey Steve.. Prob been covered above but I didn't read all the posts. Just a thought...why don't you get her a tourist (visitor) visa first up. Pretty straight forward. The gf has just put in for her second. Often that one is valid for 12 months multiple entry.

Not being negative but some blokes think how much the Thai lady will be blown away by AU. Let's face it hard pressed to find better anywhere in world. Point is Thai just love Thailand and their "sisters" etc, often it can be way bigger gig than we could imagine. Might need few trips to edge her into au.

Have fun in brisboring dont get stuck in the pub tab or pokies even know thats pretty much all there is to do there

By look of your pic, think you would know your way around those 3 haunts. Every thought about getting off the couch and drive up to the hinterland or down to gold coast or sunny coast....Qld has it all, as does Vic, where I'm from.

Not all Aussies sit in a bar...geez

Edited by jacksam
  • Like 1

Hater??!!

Just a good example of a know it all expat. The ones who are bitter and miserable are the icing on the cake.

The OP was after so advice....yes you are offering your view but said from such a high place on top of that horse that it becomes what it is....tripe

• Like 1

Hi Steve, I was able to obtain a Spouse Visa for my wife from the Australian Embassy in Bangkok within 2 weeks. Must be some sort of record given some of the other posters' experiences. Being tertiary educated, I spent a great deal of time here in Oz preparing all necessary documents and other proofs of a genuine continuing relationship. If I could suggest to you, the major reasons that I think we obtained my wife's Aussie Visa in record time was that I gave them more information and documents that they required. The fact that my wife has a Bachelor and Masters degree may have also assisted.

That's right pal.

In today's world, if you are, or perceived to be of a higher social standing (your Thai spouse), things will move quicker for you.

Mine went through quick smart but my mates with Issan girls did not.

My girl is a 5'10" glamour, university educated and switched on.

In this ever increasing class structured world, it does make a difference.

Have fun in brisboring dont get stuck in the pub tab or pokies even know thats pretty much all there is to do there

By look of your pic, think you would know your way around those 3 haunts. Every thought about getting off the couch and drive up to the hinterland or down to gold coast or sunny coast....Qld has it all, as does Vic, where I'm from.

Not all Aussies sit in a bar...geez

best bar in the world is the gutter in front of a 711......... no pokies no tab and cheap grog. If i could bring any part of thailand home id bring a 711 with me. Edited by Rangsitreppin
  • Like 1

jacksam, on 12 Dec 2014 - 08:33, said:
Cypress Hill, on 07 Dec 2014 - 22:40, said:
David48, on 07 Dec 2014 - 11:26, said:

Hater??!!

Just a good example of a know it all expat. The ones who are bitter and miserable are the icing on the cake.

The OP was after so advice....yes you are offering your view but said from such a high place on top of that horse that it becomes what it is....tripe

How dare someone inject a dose of reality into the illusion, eh??

As soon as someone pricks the bubbles that foolish men blow for themselves with women, the standard response is to:

1. Question his manhood - after all, if one hasn't contemplated murder, one hasn't TRULY been in love and, therefore, isn't a REAL man cheesy.gif

2. Say he's "bitter and miserable" and decide that he's probably somewhere cold and grey and is jealous of the guys here running around bedding and forging unions with modestly-educated shrews with financial imperatives

For the record:

I'm neither angry nor bitter;

I live "nicely" here in downtown BKK, I'm physically fit and I've got all my own hair

I've got a couple of very nice local women I see regularly and I enjoy a warm and comfortable blanket of complete and utter indifference from the Thais.

Life is sweet but hey, you don't have to believe me . . . . especially if doing so would clash with your puerile, programmed responses.

• Like 2

Cypress....please please....not try and impress. Even your attempt to seem articulate and clever, falls somewhat short. In reality your the one bragging about this and that and nest of women. There is a very old adage....the people that talk the loudest about what they do or posess are in fact the very opposite to the tale they try and portray. Go beat you chest in downtown bkk. What's that? ....a USA gig. Prob On Nut

jacksam, on 12 Dec 2014 - 17:41, said:jacksam, on 12 Dec 2014 - 17:41, said:

Cypress....please please....not try and impress. Even your attempt to seem articulate and clever, falls somewhat short. In reality your the one bragging about this and that and nest of women. There is a very old adage....the people that talk the loudest about what they do or posess are in fact the very opposite to the tale they try and portray. Go beat you chest in downtown bkk. What's that? ....a USA gig. Prob On Nut

An attempt to seem articulate and clever?? What, because I use correct grammar and spelling??

Sorry if you feel inferior.

Your problem, pal; not mine.

You know you can attend classes to improve yours, right?

I'm not bragging about a damn thing. I just thought it was time to challenge all the "bitter", "angry" and "miserable" tags that come from all the idiots who assume that if one isn't immersed in a Thai delusion constructed around a local woman 20+ years one's junior, one can't be happy.

The OP said

QuoteOk guys................. I'm ready for the flack.

at the end of his first post.

I obliged

If you want to gather round and cheer on the plucky but hapless underdog you KNOW is going to get slaughtered anyway, that's your business.

I prefer to be real and tell it like it is even if the truth is inconvenient

Oh and BTW, it's Asoke not On Nut.

Edited by Cypress Hill
  • Like 2

I'm not bragging about a damn thing. I just thought it was time to challenge all the "bitter", "angry" and "miserable" tags that come from all the idiots who assume that if one isn't immersed in a Thai delusion constructed around a local woman 20+ years one's junior, one can't be happy.

You're right,

First accusations from the rose tinted brigate are always those 3 insults.

But to be fair to the OP,

Not everyone has the means to stay in Thailand, and stay with their recent conquest.

And Oz isn't much fun for the over 50s single male.

(It probably isn't much fun for the over 40s single male)

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

Cypress ............do you know why I put the expression "ok guys ready for the flack" because I'm the realist. (as you propose to be)

I know there are bitter twisted people on this forum that are ready and waiting to just put people down and lord it over everyone else. Arrogant people who brag about how good they are, usually are the opposite.

So I was expecting these type of comments to come from a certain part of this forum. There are people like this all over, even in Australia I try to avoid them because negativity breeds more negativity.

You have a lesson to learn in humility.

If your original comments (that were taken off the thread by the moderators) were made face to face here, say over a beer in the pub ( as this type of comment could be made) you would be out on your arse on the street.

As I have previously said ............... why are you on this forum if all you can do is be so negative.

AnotherOneAmerican, on 12 Dec 2014 - 18:15, said:
Cypress Hill, on 12 Dec 2014 - 18:04, said:

But to be fair to the OP,

Not everyone has the means to stay in Thailand, and stay with their recent conquest.

Depends what he was earning, AOA. If he was pullin' down 30K as a teacher, a small family can live on that just fine.

He just failed to budget

AussieSteve, on 12 Dec 2014 - 18:46, said:

Cypress ............do you know why I put the expression "ok guys ready for the flack" because I'm the realist. (as you propose to be)

I know there are bitter twisted people on this forum that are ready and waiting to just put people down and lord it over everyone else. Arrogant people who brag about how good they are, usually are the opposite.

So I was expecting these type of comments to come from a certain part of this forum. There are people like this all over, even in Australia I try to avoid them because negativity breeds more negativity.

You have a lesson to learn in humility.

If your original comments (that were taken off the thread by the moderators) were made face to face here, say over a beer in the pub ( as this type of comment could be made) you would be out on your arse on the street.

As I have previously said ............... why are you on this forum if all you can do is be so negative.

First off, I absolutely ADORE internet Rambos. Always entertaining.

Second, it's not negativity; it's the depiction of a scenario that has befallen many men in Thailand. Not even the posters who support you in this thread are denying that what I described has happened countless times. Why do you think that is?

What, you think it can't happen to you because "I know she loves me"???

I ain't waiting to put anyone down but if someone sounds like a clown about to make what could be a huge mistake, I'll let him know.