Motorbike with a side car ( Chaleng )

sibelius

I would like to buy a motorbike with a proper side car, ( Not a market working horse )

Side car with a soft seats, roof, own breaks, lights etc...

Same style what they have a lot in Koh Lanta and Krabi area for rent and for motorbike taxi.

Any information for whole seller, second hand shops,or anything please inform me.

Prices with motorbike or only the side car, new and second hand.

For the bike I have been thinking Honda Dream semi automatic, strong enough for side car.

Thanks Fellows !!!

Please rethink this. Your passengers in the saleng side car you are putting at a massive risk, horrible vehicles should flat out be outlawed in Thailand as well as everywhere.

I cringe when I see Thai toddlers standing holding the front bar of the sidecar, inches from someone in a parked car flinging their door open and becoming launched into the road as the rider clips the door....

For a little more you can get a small pickup, why not go that route instead?

Please rethink this. Your passengers in the saleng side car you are putting at a massive risk, horrible vehicles should flat out be outlawed in Thailand as well as everywhere.

I cringe when I see Thai toddlers standing holding the front bar of the sidecar, inches from someone in a parked car flinging their door open and becoming launched into the road as the rider clips the door....

Geez, you are a grump.

Geez, you are a grump.

Right, sharp as a marble pal, no, I just see these things on the road everyday and they are dangerous to rider, passengers, other vehicles. So if you want to call me names when I offer the advice that maybe the OP should consider the dangers and weigh other options, knock yourself out.

OP there is a website called baht sold, google it and you'll probably find your saleen death mobile.

• Like 1

I stay in KHANOM, Between Surat and Nakhon.

This is VERY small and VERY quiet town, No much traffic, no big hills and really good roads.

I think this might be good place for chaleng.

I know its pretty tricky to handle for beginners and could be dangerous too.

If drive carefully and slowly as we always do, it should be OK.

Thanks for your care anyway !!!

Best regards !!!!!!

If they are so dangerous, why do we have no reports of fatal accidents involving them, most fatal's involve mini buses, buses and pickups. most fatal's involve one of the vehicles driving too fast or in a dangerous manner does this description fit side car drivers.

• Like 1

If they are so dangerous, why do we have no reports of fatal accidents involving them, most fatal's involve mini buses, buses and pickups. most fatal's involve one of the vehicles driving too fast or in a dangerous manner does this description fit side car drivers.

Yesterday saw Thai kid in a ditch, old man with saleng still in the road, saleng had clipped the kid coming the opposite direction, ambulance on the way. Month ago saw, one saleng driver do a u-turn, clipped parked saleng with gas cannisters, sent it rolling down a hill, quite funny really as the gas cylinder guy turned to other rider and was...."W-T-F did you just do!!!!???" OK quiet Khanom, different story, a busy traffic place, no way, stupid vehicles.

Edited by grumpyoldman

Actually, I motorbike, with a sidecar (even if custom made) would run about 30-50k. Used vehicles are so overpriced here, Its hard to find any kind of 4-wheeled vehicle for under 100k, even a old rat trap pick-up. Yes, a truck would be more safe, but for those not on a trust fund or with big savings, the 60-70k difference might not be possible. Many expats are here on a fixed income, or small wage, and people with lots of money forget not everyone has their options... Just saying.

Actually, I motorbike, with a sidecar (even if custom made) would run about 30-50k. Used vehicles are so overpriced here, Its hard to find any kind of 4-wheeled vehicle for under 100k, even a old rat trap pick-up. Yes, a truck would be more safe, but for those not on a trust fund or with big savings, the 60-70k difference might not be possible. Many expats are here on a fixed income, or small wage, and people with lots of money forget not everyone has their options... Just saying.

Just saying that no where does the OP say anything about it being a financial matter. Country bumpkin vehicle, ok, otherwise my opinion is that these things suck.