Liverpool And The Pm

sbk

OK, all you Liverpool fans, I am dying to know what you really think. An article in the Bangkok Post implied that Thaksin was buying into Liverpool to 1) increase his popularity at home and 2) force the Liverpool management to open training camps for Thai players and accept Thai players (of good enough caliber) onto the team. An English friend of mine (Crystal Palace supporter but still into football) pooh poohed the idea. Seems improbable but is it impossible as my friend suggests?

he may be able to buy a share of the club, but no football club would allow even a majority shareholder to make decisions regarding team selection.that is down to the manager.

of course if he bought the whole club then he could choose the manager.

Guest IT Manager

Based on his nickname of Meo, wouldn't he need something really uncouth to be comfortable drinking beer with players?

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst not a Liverpool fanI can see many benefits to a Thaksin takeover of Liverpool.

1. He would be able to import his own inimitable style into this underachieving club and undoubtedly improve their finances by gradually submerging them into the Shin Corporation.

2. Liverpool would be the only premiership club with 11 smiling players- no matter the score or other diversion. This would endear them to the great british public - one imagines.

3. Thaksin could appoint his wife as manager which would be a vast improvement on the inept Frenchman currently in that position.

From these small beginnings Thaksin would be able to start a popular cultural revolution in Britain. Today Britain tommorrow the World. :o:D