Internet in view talay 2 Jomtien options

007cableguy

Just moved into this building and only going to be here for 3 months so pointless having a line put in by 3BB or Sophon cable,But they have a Wi-Fi option which you pay for in the office and is 6Mb and good enough for me ,

The only problem I have is I have a android TV box + laptop + Ipad ,Would I be able to log on to the Wi-Fi via my Windows laptop and make it into a hotspot so I can connect it to my other devices ?

sorry not good with technical stuff.

Thanks in advance

Well, I can only tell you what I am doing with a similar setup in Cambodia.

I use a TP-LINK TL-MR3020 that I connect to the external WIFI signal (your ISP). (Using the WISP Client)

I have the DHCP activated in the TL-MR3020 and making shure it is on a different subnet than the ISP.

When connecting with one of my computers I am asked for the Login and Password of the WIFI internet supplier.

After logging in, all my other computers, tablets and smartphones and Chromecasts have access to the Internet.

The trick is that it is the TL-MR3020 that is registered as user at your ISP, and that all access from all your computers are being registered as access from the TL-MR3020.

I am going to test the setup at a friend in Pattaya around the 9th of January, and if you are interested I will inform you if it is working.

PS. you can do the same trick with any router using DD-WRT firmware

Looked into available packages. TOT is the only one with truly unlimited, but who can guess as to their coverage in Jomtien?

1290 per month for unlimited data usage capped at 1Mbps and 1590 capped at 2 Mbps. They also have 20GB packages for 990 baht after which it is capped at 384 kbps.

Since both DTAC and AIS are offering 12 GB for 854 baht via Prepaid, you might get by on a couple of those. You are just missing a MiFi unit. I had a new spare, but just sold it for 1500 baht unlocked.

Cheapest you can get one now is a ZTE MF65 from TRUE for around 1500 baht, but then it's locked to TRUE. So you'd need to spend more to unlock it.