free pups please take one

hi all we have five jack russell pups just born this week there is one female and four males, they should be great little dogs both parents are of pure breed and we would be only to happy to give them away to good homes please call 859222313 anytime or reply here for info , they are ready in about 4 weeks from now

Edited by romeijoe
  • Like 2

i have been trying to have the bitch fixed for the last year fredge - but i work away and my wife seems to have a disliking for that , but this time i will be home when she is finished feeding the pups and it will be done - the poor thing has had enough pups that is for sure, and she is a great little girl poor thing the best little dog i have ever seen for keeping down the snake and rat population shes a demon at that.

• Like 1

i have been trying to have the bitch fixed for the last year fredge - but i work away and my wife seems to have a disliking for that , but this time i will be home when she is finished feeding the pups and it will be done - the poor thing has had enough pups that is for sure, and she is a great little girl poor thing the best little dog i have ever seen for keeping down the snake and rat population shes a demon at that.

Over a year ago I looked every where for a standard size Jack Russell

Every other breed going but no Jacks

giving them away is amazingly great as I would have paid a lot for a fully documented one

you're a good man

And I'm heartbroken. I can't have one

I also had a hard time finding any at the time and in 2011 I succeeded. 6,000 Baht for the female and 7,500 for the male.

I had them neutered because I didn't want to have the same problem of finding good homes for puppies.

They deal with all snakes from cobras and vipers to pythons and tree snakes and any rat or squirrel within reach is done away with.

They can be quite aggressive to other dogs and will even attack dogs 5 times their size if necessary but so far they have gained the respect of all the dogs around here.

post-66086-0-75115100-1419048467_thumb.j

post-66086-0-74784400-1419048503_thumb.j

post-66086-0-79486100-1419048535_thumb.j

• Like 2

I also had a hard time finding any at the time and in 2011 I succeeded. 6,000 Baht for the female and 7,500 for the male.

I had them neutered because I didn't want to have the same problem of finding good homes for puppies.

They deal with all snakes from cobras and vipers to pythons and tree snakes and any rat or squirrel within reach is done away with.

They can be quite aggressive to other dogs and will even attack dogs 5 times their size if necessary but so far they have gained the respect of all the dogs around here.

Thanks for the photos I love all terriers. They still have that inbred instinct that a lot of breeds seem to have lost.

I really think they are an ideal English dog for Thailand.

In your opinion what if any are the negatives of them over here

thanks

No negatives at all. They don't overheat in the summer, they don't get too cold in the winter. Their hunting instinct keeps them fit and healthy (and me as well with a minimum of three 2-kilometre walks per day).

There are no snakes in or around the house, the rats that ate 25,000 Baht's worth of electrics from my car's engine 3 years ago, no longer bother to visit.

I love their intelligence, energy and their size. There is still space for me in bed and I can carry 2 times 8 kilo in my arms if necessary.

• Like 2

No negatives at all. They don't overheat in the summer, they don't get too cold in the winter. Their hunting instinct keeps them fit and healthy (and me as well with a minimum of three 2-kilometre walks per day).

There are no snakes in or around the house, the rats that ate 25,000 Baht's worth of electrics from my car's engine 3 years ago, no longer bother to visit.

I love their intelligence, energy and their size. There is still space for me in bed and I can carry 2 times 8 kilo in my arms if necessary.

Thanks you just confirmed my thoughts .

I would have had at least one or possibly two

I kinda took over a 4/5 month old bar dog as it was sent to the temple.

Not a puppy , not cute anymore bye bye

I was quite fond of her. A few Bob changed hands.

get her back from

Temple.

I've managed to get a bit of the soi out of her but still quite feral.

Great ratter and snake scarer

Mice nope

Back to the UK for 2-3 months

Wouldn't trust tgf to get them to like each other.

Wouldn't like a call saying the jacks dead

Still can't believe you're giving away.

You're a top man

An addition. As you can see in the photo I also have an ex-soi dog as a pet. She was born on site just before I moved in and she was pretty dim to say the least but over time the 2 Jacks have taught her to hunt and to kill and she is like a surrogate Jack Russell. When one of the little ones is busy in some field somewhere she will stay and watch out for them until they are ready to come home together. When I got the Jack Russells as puppies she was a little resentful at first but with a bit of care learnt to share food and to see them as friends and not enemies. What I have learnt though, is that you can have only one male with as many females as you like. Females don't fight, but 2 males will.

An addition. As you can see in the photo I also have an ex-soi dog as a pet. She was born on site just before I moved in and she was pretty dim to say the least but over time the 2 Jacks have taught her to hunt and to kill and she is like a surrogate Jack Russell. When one of the little ones is busy in some field somewhere she will stay and watch out for them until they are ready to come home together. When I got the Jack Russells as puppies she was a little resentful at first but with a bit of care learnt to share food and to see them as friends and not enemies. What I have learnt though, is that you can have only one male with as many females as you like. Females don't fight, but 2 males will.

Stop tempting me

If I was here to supervise the get to knowing each other phase

Not with a Thai in charge of that though.

Thanks for the photos I love all terriers. They still have that inbred instinct that a lot of breeds seem to have lost.

thanks

We've had 2 Jacks for 6 years now. Brother and sister

I think the main things to consider are about exercise and their hunting instinct

Ours get 1 hour a day (mixed on leash and off) and if they even miss a day they get a bit hyperactive. Owners have to have somewhere and time to give them an hour a day I reckon. Also their prey drive (?) results in chasing cats, the snake, rat turtle, monitor lizard hunting but mostly it's their "involuntary" charging off after prey that can cause us distress.

Great dogs, really great dogs but exercise is a daily need.

Also in all honesty, I don't trust them or let them alone with kids. It's not that they're aggressive it's more that they're just not scared of anything. I can foresee a situation when a young child reaches out or tries to pick them up (because they do look small cute and harmless), and the dog naturally reacts with a nip. Now we've got a nasty situation where neither party is really at fault. Better to not let that situation take place.

Also the Thai that tries to rile them up (I think you know what I mean, stamping feet, pretending to kick etc) elicits the opposite response than what these dullards usually get. I just tell strangers that they bite. Hard enough top train the dogs let alone the people.

Great dogs. great entertainment but need great responsibility

• Like 2

thanks

We've had 2 Jacks for 6 years now. Brother and sister

I think the main things to consider are about exercise and their hunting instinct

Ours get 1 hour a day (mixed on leash and off) and if they even miss a day they get a bit hyperactive. Owners have to have somewhere and time to give them an hour a day I reckon. Also their prey drive (?) results in chasing cats, the snake, rat turtle, monitor lizard hunting but mostly it's their "involuntary" charging off after prey that can cause us distress.

Great dogs, really great dogs but exercise is a daily need.

Also in all honesty, I don't trust them or let them alone with kids. It's not that they're aggressive it's more that they're just not scared of anything. I can foresee a situation when a young child reaches out or tries to pick them up (because they do look small cute and harmless), and the dog naturally reacts with a nip. Now we've got a nasty situation where neither party is really at fault. Better to not let that situation take place.

Also the Thai that tries to rile them up (I think you know what I mean, stamping feet, pretending to kick etc) elicits the opposite response than what these dullards usually get. I just tell strangers that they bite. Hard enough top train the dogs let alone the people.

Great dogs. great entertainment but need great responsibility

Yep

Couldn't agree more.

Last UK dog was my dad's cross Pattendale

Absolute nightmare for my dad.

Pretty obedient for me

But sometimes

You'd see a glint in her eyes and that was that

Gone

I'd just shout bye see you at home

Sometimes that'd work

If not I'd just go home and wait

No point chasing her

Within half an hour or so there'd be a timid scratch on the door

I'd open it say hallo to her and close it . Let her in 10 minutes later

Head down tail between her legs straight to her bed

Loved that dog

giving away jack russell pups yer right wait till the wife finds out what im up to she will sh--t bricks all over me hhahah -- but they have to go. must say if there is one thing i can recommend to any farang living in the country areas its have a jack for the snakes man oh man do these little fellas know how to knock them of last one was a cobra 2 mtrs long , all in all they make us feel much safer and we dont worry about the kids going outside at anytime worth every bit of food they eat . GET ONE

• Like 1

hi joe,

heres a pic of the 2 dogs we have now, as you will see well fed and well looked after, the black one docky is the oldest at 2years and shadow is still a pup at 8 months,

they will get on great, believe me,

if you look at all the pics ive put on the farming section, farm photos you will see our farm and how enclosed if is, our dogs dont go out and others cant come in, so they have the whole farm to run about in,

but to be honest they just like to be around the house,

at night docky sleeps near the pigs and shadow on the porch there choice,

theres straw bales for them to play, its a normal english farm but in thailand, have a look at my pics, here a few of the new lucky my wife has had done so when i get home from work i dont have to do it,

ive put some pics of some of the young pigeons too joe,, youll see them if you come over,

your more then welcome to a couple of pairs should you want some, i miss the racing but its nice to take the presure of racing away and just pair for colour

merry christmass

jake

post-32351-0-04646800-1419512527_thumb.j

post-32351-0-78552600-1419512581_thumb.j

post-32351-0-89768300-1419512613_thumb.j

post-32351-0-34291000-1419512643_thumb.p

post-32351-0-19902100-1419512697_thumb.p

post-32351-0-66954800-1419512721_thumb.j

post-32351-0-14648200-1419512761_thumb.j

post-32351-0-73520700-1419512784_thumb.j

post-32351-0-71531400-1419512810_thumb.j

post-32351-0-33289900-1419512814_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

post-40337-14202780511168_thumb.jpg

Just recently added a female JR puppy to our pack. We raised our other 3 from puppies and this is our first experience with JRs. We can tell the difference even at this early stage and I am certainly impressed with the energy & confidence levels !

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Jack Russell pup wanted

Hi I have recently lost my wee girl Jack Russell to a 2 mtr cobra bite, she was kennel club registered and we mated her with a boy the same registered. She only had one pup Lennon, we kept him he was 4 on the 2nd January, he's never had 1 day not with his mum, we lost her on the 22nd January. He is depressed and won't eat so we hand feed him and take him out with us never leave him alone and play with him to keep him occupied.

I am looking for a girl Jack Russell pup for a play mate and companion for him I live in Suratthani but will travel within reasonable distance, can anyone help me.

• Like 1

Jack Russell pup wanted

Hi I have recently lost my wee girl Jack Russell to a 2 mtr cobra bite, she was kennel club registered and we mated her with a boy the same registered. She only had one pup Lennon, we kept him he was 4 on the 2nd January, he's never had 1 day not with his mum, we lost her on the 22nd January. He is depressed and won't eat so we hand feed him and take him out with us never leave him alone and play with him to keep him occupied.

I am looking for a girl Jack Russell pup for a play mate and companion for him I live in Suratthani but will travel within reasonable distance, can anyone help me.

Hi romeijoe, I am interested too if you still have a pup left, we already have 2 rotties and a dobe and a some rats living in our coconut trees so I think we could keep a jack russel entertained as well, we live in Jomtien but we can come to you easily enough if need be, if you want to PM I will pas my email over cheers