Re-entering Thailand after leaving Thailand for a day

Tourist Visa + extension will give me 3 months in Thailand.

After 3 months I want to fly to Malaysia and fly to Thailand again for an other month.

Can I re-enter Thailand on the same day or the day after I fly out of Thailand?

PS. I have a new passport with only 1 Tourist Visa stamp

Thanks guys!

After 3 months I want to fly to Malaysia and fly to Thailand again for an other month.

If you're from a G7 country, you could get a 30 day visa exempt entry, extendable for another 30 days, by crossing a land border ... assuming you have no other reason for going to Malaysia.

• Like 1

If flying out/in the same day, choose an airline that's based in the country you're flying into to get the best fare.

For example, if you're doing your visa run to Singapore, look at Tiger Airways. If going to KL, look at AirAsia.

I just booked a flight from Phuket to KL on AirAsia for 985 baht. (The fare was 10 baht, fuel surcharge was 275 baht, and the rest was Thai international departure fees and taxes). First flight out in the morning, 3 hour layover at KLIA, and the return (1,400 baht) gets me back to Phuket at 1pm. Cheap and quick.

You wrote : " PS. I have a new passport with only 1 Tourist Visa stamp "

And what about the ancient passport ?

Did you done many " visa-run " before ?

Even you have a new passport the thai Immigration has all you did since you entered in Thailand from the first day .

A new passport cannot protect you .

And about the answer I have seen above , I think you had wrong answers;

The new rules are maximum 90 days in 6 months...

There is no such rule now.

There was a rule like that over 6 years ago before it was rescinded.

There is no restriction on the amount of time spent on visa exempt entries or the number of visa exempt entries you can do.

If you're from a G7 country, you could get a 30 day visa exempt entry, extendable for another 30 days, by crossing a land border ... assuming you have no other reason for going to Malaysia.

Isn't the new ruled that 30 day visa exempt entries can now be extended for another 30 days at immigration offices; no border run is necessary?

Isn't the new ruled that 30 day visa exempt entries can now be extended for another 30 days at immigration offices; no border run is necessary?

The OP did not have a visa exempt entry he has a tourist visa entry and extension.

He was asking about doing a visa exempt entry after that.

The OP did not have a visa exempt entry he has a tourist visa entry and extension.

He was asking about doing a visa exempt entry after that.

Oh sorry...he already has his one in-country extension...got it.

You wrote : " PS. I have a new passport with only 1 Tourist Visa stamp "

And what about the ancient passport ?

Did you done many " visa-run " before ?

Even you have a new passport the thai Immigration has all you did since you entered in Thailand from the first day .

A new passport cannot protect you .

And about the answer I have seen above , I think you had wrong answers;

The new passport can protect you if you go home and change your name by deed poll first - as one poster on here did.