Numbers of tourists from Russia falling by the minute

Lite Beer

Some questions for those going on about Russian imperialism.

Do you believe a region should be able to have a referendum to decide on whether to secede from a nation or become independent?

Under what circumstances would you deem it acceptable/unacceptable?

Why do you believe that the referendum in Crimea should not be respected?

Give it a miss! Start a new topic somewhere else. bah.gif

Post a relevant comment about Russian tourism or add a little humour.

Iv mate, no shit, this is their job , it was un frigging believable on the guardian, they just swamped 'everything ' Russian for weeks and weeks, in the end they got somewhat friendly with other posters and exchanged the odd joke, but tbh they were just shocking.

Hmm nothing against the Russians as can't judge the calibre of "quality tourists" of any nationality- always good & bad eggs. However, I do feel a bit "som nam naa" towards TAT/Pattaya bars/restaurants/night scene for going way over the top to welcome Russian tourists at the expense of shunning other nationalities.

I recently stayed at a place between Pattaya & Jomtien & the whole area was totally geared at Russians. Menus in Thai&Russian only, many bars just with Russian signs - if we'd entered it would have been like going into a quiet country pub in England where the music stops & everyone stares then someone asks "are youuu locaall?". Whatever happened to encouraging a melting pot of all nationalities & mingling?! Baffles me how people go abroad & do everything they can do "stick to their own" - no desire to interact with locals or learn the lingo. Same with the Brits that flock to the English villages in Spain. Bizarre comfort zone stuff.

The answer is simple. Bar owners and business people do not entertain high moral values like justice to all. If the money comes from The Russians they will adjust accordingly to attract more Russians, it is as simple as that.

most of them are families

shame really much more pleasant than the tattooed lager louts

and some good eye candy

"...some good eye candy" ???

Scantily clad Russians on the beach good eye candy?

You have peculiar tastes.

A few days ago when I queued together with approx. 50.000 other people at Thai Immigration Suvarnabhumi for more than 1 hour, I encountered such an EYE CANDY. a 70-something Granny with Russian passport in her hands, dressed in hot pants (lovely cellulose, that was!) and a tight pink T-Shirt with a "I AM BITCH" printing on it.

I am sure the Thais will shed a lot of tears if those pleasant, respectful and well-behaved quaility tourists are forced to give their Kingdom a miss in the future

Edited by siam2007
  • Like 1

most of them are families

shame really much more pleasant than the tattooed lager louts

and some good eye candy

"...some good eye candy" ???

Scantily clad Russians on the beach good eye candy?

You have peculiar tastes.

A few days ago when I queued together with approx. 50.000 other people at Thai Immigration Suvarnabhumi for more than 1 hour, I encountered such an EYE CANDY. a 70-something Granny with Russian passport in her hands, dressed in hot pants (lovely cellulose, that was!) and a tight pink T-Shirt with a "I AM BITCH" printing on it.

I am sure the Thais will shed a lot of tears if those pleasant, respectful and well-behaved quaility tourists are forced to give their Kingdom a miss in the future

I had the misfortune to have to visit my Tesco Lotus today here on Phuket. Without doubt, the Russian women are THE worst and most tartily dressed, (and that says something here). They are an embarrasment to all other farang (Caucasians, for the pedantic). And as rude as their male compatriots. Eye Candy??? You surely must (a) be joking, or (cool.png have been here way too long.bah.gif

BTW Not one of them appeared to be '70 year old grannies'. Tw4t.

Edited by jpeg
  • Like 1