Thai investigation zeroes in on source of food poisoning

webfact

Shock horror, infectious bacteria in product that the rest of the world discards as offal.....

Not forgetting the grilled intestines you get,with the grilled whole chicken.
Wow. I ate some gun gai yang (grilled chicken gizzards) for the first time yesterday and this morning, my gut is hurting.

I'm going to try some "Eno" and see if that makes it better, otherwise I might need some antibiotics...

I regularly eat those gizzards, and chicken livers. Never had a problem, or with the blocks of blood.

All counties have their own dishes that some think strange - black pudding (pigs blood), haggis (sheep's offal wrapped in sheep's stomach), brawn, etc. Germany offers similar dishes like Saumagen, Blutwurst, Brauhaus Sulzer; the French and Italians with their cooked songbirds even robins.

If you don't like something don't eat it - but don't slag off others that do.

With the exception of slabs of beef or pork, most of that weird stuff that they hang in the glass cage in some food stalls is organ meat. We eat exactly the same stuff when we consume hot dogs and the various wursts and sausages. The only difference I suspect is that we push it all through a Foley screen and blend the grey slop on the other side with red/pink food dye.

I haven't a clue what happens to chicken blood but along with heaps of garlic and MSG, OUR pigs' blood gets coagulated into black pudding liver wurst and Weiner's.

Personally, I'm just trying to get off ALL meat for a while.

I regularly eat those gizzards, and chicken livers. Never had a problem, or with the blocks of blood.

All counties have their own dishes that some think strange - black pudding (pigs blood), haggis (sheep's offal wrapped in sheep's stomach), brawn, etc. Germany offers similar dishes like Saumagen, Blutwurst, Brauhaus Sulzer; the French and Italians with their cooked songbirds even robins.

With the exception of slabs of beef or pork, most of that weird stuff that they hang in the glass cage in some food stalls is organ meat. We eat exactly the same stuff when we consume hot dogs and the various wursts and sausages. The only difference I suspect is that we push it all through a Foley screen and blend the grey slop on the other side with red/pink food dye.

I haven't a clue what happens to chicken blood but along with heaps of garlic and MSG, OUR pigs' blood gets coagulated into black pudding liver wurst and Weiner's.

Personally, I'm just trying to get off ALL meat for a while.

Thanks for the tip.

I'll sell my shares in Nana corp first thing in the morning.tongue.pngtongue.png

Shock horror, infectious bacteria in product that the rest of the world discards as offal.....

Not forgetting the grilled intestines you get,with the grilled whole chicken.

Wow. I ate some gun gai yang (grilled chicken gizzards) for the first time yesterday and this morning, my gut is hurting.

I'm going to try some "Eno" and see if that makes it better, otherwise I might need some antibiotics...

Issue is that evisceration of chicken is rife with campylobactor, salmonella and other bugs from the chickens itself.

I am no fan of black pudding, but it is cooked before sale at the factory.

Obviously, chicken blood handling in a warm environment such as this in Thailand has to be done very precisely or there will be food poisoning.

Disease Control Department director-general Sopon Mekthon advised consumers to boil chicken blood at a temperature of at least 75 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes before consumption to avoid risks from V parahaemolyticus contamination.

Boiling at 75 degrees is also a new trick invented by Thailand. Unless they do it at high altitude.

They add the daily temperature which is usually above 25 C and that makes 100 C, Thainess!!!

The guy must be happy about this 'discovery' now they can blame a bacteria for food poisoning and go on handling all kinds of food without any basic hygiene standards. "It's not us who makes you sick- it's the nasty bug!"

The funny thing is hygiene is not in the Thai vocabulary....How meany times have gone to a toilet in Thailand and seen so many people including chefs not wash their hands they are disgusting but they do have a clean Arse...lol

If they do wash their hands they dry them on the one community towel, real germ conscious!

Actually...I am surprised there is not a whole lot more of the various types of food born bacterial infections occurring throughout Thailand.

Unless someone can correct me, over all and per capita I have never heard of any really serious outbreaks and or widespread bacterial infections occurring.

You would think there would be far more outbreaks considering the ambient temperatures and many other factors existing making for near perfect conditions for a wide spread outbreak of some or one of the many kinds and strains of pathogens that exist amongst us and found in the food we eat everyday.

We are Lucky so far ...or what????

Cheers

The guy must be happy about this 'discovery' now they can blame a bacteria for food poisoning and go on handling all kinds of food without any basic hygiene standards. "It's not us who makes you sick- it's the nasty bug!"

The funny thing is hygiene is not in the Thai vocabulary....How meany times have gone to a toilet in Thailand and seen so many people including chefs not wash their hands they are disgusting but they do have a clean Arse...lol

The clean arse thingy! have you inspected many? because we only want facts on TV

Disease Control Department director-general Sopon Mekthon advised consumers to boil chicken blood at a temperature of at least 75 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes before consumption to avoid risks from V parahaemolyticus contamination.

Boiling at 75 degrees is also a new trick invented by Thailand. Unless they do it at high altitude.

Quite an interesting feat. I doubt it could be done at the summit of Doi Inthanon.

"Stick to hygienic standards strictly" What a joke the hole of Thailand would not pass any hygienic standard anywhere in the developed country's I can't remember how many times I've been sick in Thailand, All you need to do is go and see where they sell their poultry and their meat it is totally disgusting and all the flies on them absolutely hideous.

I have been living here for over 3 years now and to tell you the truth the only times I had the runs are after eating in hotel or chain restaurants, when eating food from these small stalls then I have never had any problem.

My guess would be that most small stalls buy their ingredients from the market everyday while the big restaurants is buying in bulk and keep it in the fridge or freezer.

Its neither temperature or altitude, its the angle of the pot, unique to Thailand for sure. For added measure the chef can dance around chanting and fire breathing to ward off the evil tummy bug demons.