Thai Tutor Available - Naklua, Pattaya, Jomtien

BaldPlumber

My Thai tutor is looking for more people wishing to learn to speak Thai on a 1:1 basis.

His name is Rex, he's 39 and went to university in Switzerland and worked in both the US and the UK. His English is just about perfect and there are very few words that I have found he is unaware of.

I have been learning with Rex for about 2 months now for 2 hours per day, Monday - Friday and have found him to be 100% reliable, knowledgeable, patient and effective. He also has a pretty good sense of humour, especially when it comes to farang relationships with Thai women. When I was looking to start learning Thai my choices seemed to be joining a class, usually as part of an educational visa outfit or having an expensive 1:1 tutor, luckily, I found Rex and it turns out that he costs about the same as joining a class.

I told Rex that I was interested in learning decent quality conversational Thai to replace the odd phrases, expressions and words that we all learn from the bar and blurt out randomly and incomprehensively as far as most Thais are concerned. I suppose that in the 2 months to date my Thai vocabulary has grown to about 1,000 words, but more importantly I have learnt to use these words in the right order, in sentence form using the right sense; past, present and future. At the moment our sessions are approximately 40% English and 60% Thai. This makes me still a Thai novice but I am able to confidently talk very simple Thai and be understood, well most of the time. I would expect to be reasonably fluent to an acceptable standard within 6 months from now. I should stress that I have absolutely no natural affinity for learning new languages.

So, as you can imagine, I can thoroughly recommend Rex and think he is very good value for money. So, whether you want a few hours tuition or a more regular arrangement, he should be able to accommodate you.

If anyone wants to talk to Rex about tuition, just PM me and I'll make sure that you both have each other's contact details.

Mods: If this is posted in the wrong forum please move it to the right place - thanks.