Buying and donating a bicycle in Nakhon Phanom

Stekmer

I'm due in Nakhon Phaom in a couple of weeks time (my 4th trip) and have decided to buy a second hand bicycle (hopefully) rather than settle for one of the ancient offerings from LA Cycles or using a communal one from my Hotel.

Assuming I find one worth buying, I am hoping to be able to sell it at the end of my weeks stay but accept that this may be difficult.
My second choice was to donate it to a worthy cause or recipient.

Can anyone advise on any charitable organizations that may accept a bicycle?

Or better still - does any one living in Nakhon Phanom have a half decent bike they would like to rent for a week?

Ive been riding my sturdy LA/Turbo, sorry Im too lazy to go and check which it is, bike most days in Nakhon Phanom for the last 8 winters. It is flat so u dont need gears. U can buy same in Big C or Tesco for 2k to 3k TBht. Feel free to donate it to my Thai family when u leave. They will wreck it, sell it, pawn it, or 'lose' it within 12 mths.....guranteed...............lol!

Edited by SunsetT
  • Like 1

With their permission, why dont u leave it locked in the hotel car park that u stay at until your next visit. It should be safe if locked to something. I and others do this at a cheap hotel in Udon Thani. Even less risk in NKP I would think. The hotel should be happy to allow this as they then know that they will (probably) have your custom again.

Edited by SunsetT

Several posts and replies to them have been removed. Off topic posts meant to derail the topic is called trolling.

OP when you are finished with the bike make a trip to a temple and drop it off. I am sure somebody would make good use of it.