30 days stamp, what's next, border or immigration office?

Hi,

I'm a bit confused about what I can get after my 30 days entry from Bangkok airport.

I flew in last week to Bkk airport and I got a 30 days stamp. Till there, no problem.

Now, I'd like to know if I can go the border (Had Lek border with Cambodia in the south east / Trat), pass the border, and get again 30 days. I'm from Germany.

Alternatively I know I can go to the city immigration office in Trat and get an extension of 30 days. It's just that I happen to live closer to the border than from the "city immigration office".

What do you think? Thanks!

Vin

It is better that you get the 30 days extension in Trat. cost Bt 1,900.

Next time that you plan to stay more than 30 days, get a tourist visa in your country and it will be even cheaper and easier.

Edited by paz

Thanks for the answers.

So if I understand well

- Immigration office in Trat: 1900 baht and that's it.
- Border in Had Lek (Trat): 1900 baht payable at the border + 30 USD Cambodian Visa.

Am I correct?

I had read somewhere that visa run were not permitted anymore that's why I'm confused.

Thanks for the answers.

So if I understand well

- Immigration office in Trat: 1900 baht and that's it.

- Border in Had Lek (Trat): 1900 baht payable at the border + 30 USD Cambodian Visa.

No, there is no charge in Thailand. In Cambodia you will have to struggle to avoid them taking another 5-10 USD from you. A way to avoid haggling is to get an e-visa online.

There would not be a fee of 1900 baht at the crossing only $30 plus other incidental fees you might be charged on the Cambodian side.

From reports they allow one visa exempt entry after flying in at border crossings if you do an out and back entry.