Suspected Drug Dealer killed and another injured in Pattaya Police Shootout

webfact

Suspected Drug Dealer killed and another injured in Pattaya Police Shootout

police-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A suspected drug dealer was killed and another was seriously injured following an undercover drug suppression operation which appears not to have gone to plan in the southern outskirts of Pattaya.

Reports of the shooting emerged on Wednesday and relate to an incident which occurred in the early hours of Tuesday on the Sukhumvit Road in the Huay Yai area.

Officers had arranged to purchase a quantity of class 1 drugs from Khun Sarayut aged 23. He arrived at a pre-determined location in a Mitsubishi Lancer with another man, Khun Attapon aged 22. The pair quickly realized they were part of an undercover Police operation and attempted to escape in their car.

They were pursued in a brief chase by Police vehicles and it was reported the driver opened fire on the Police and at one point attempted to force a Police vehicle off the road.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/169118/suspected-drug-dealer-killed-and-another-injured-in-pattaya-police-shootout/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-02-05

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No sympathy.

Once you make the decision to arm yourself with a gun, then don't be surprised if you wind up dead.

does that go for cops too?

• Like 1

well unless the life of the cops were at stake , i dont think it justifies a shooting and to kill any one. Justice system is there.

From the original article...

the driver opened fire on the Police and at one point attempted to force a Police vehicle off the road.

IMHO this is life-threatening behaviour and deadly force was absolutely called for..

Edited by chickenslegs

No sympathy here either. They opened fire on the police and one was killed.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but we're being asked to accept the Police version of events - how often do the members of this forum blithely accept their side of the story when they write a 'suspicious' death off as a suicide. I have no time for drug dealers either, but I doubt that I'm the only one here who reads this with a degree of skepticism:

An internal Police Investigation is now underway to determine if the Police acted in accordance with Thai Law and regulations pertaining to the use of lethal force.

End of the day, you deal death and it will catch up to you - I dont know anything about meth beyond what I've read, but it doesn't seem to enrich the lives of the people who use it : doesnt mean the cops get to play judge, jury and executioner.