Noodle vendor in Isaan gives free meals to traffic violators

webfact

Noodle Vendor in NE Gives Free Meals to Traffic Violators
By Khaosod English

14252892571425289629l.jpg
Tiew Mai Wa noodle stall in Nakhon Ratchasima province is giving away free bowls of noodle soup to any customer who presents a ticket from traffic police, 2 March 2015.

NAKHON RATCHASIMA — A food vendor in northeastern Thailand is offering consolation for those who have had an otherwise bad day through a new promotion: free bowls of noodle soup for any customer who presents a ticket from traffic police.

The noodle stall in Nakhon Ratchasima province, called Tiew Mai Wa, announced the special deal on social media several days ago. According to the promotion, traffic violators can only claim their free meals on the same day of their traffic offense, and only 30 free meals will be given out per day.

The stall’s owner, Sirithat Somsangiam, said the promotion is not intended to criticize police or encourage law-breaking.

"I merely have sympathy for people who were forced to pay fines for traffic law violations," Sirithat told Khaosod.

More than dozen of people have already claimed free bowls today, said Sirithat, who opened the noodle stall last month.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1425289257

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-03-02

• Like 1

If that is her daughter helping to serve the noodles, I hope she never has an accident from one of those traffic violators.

Then we will see how sorry she is for them.

I know it's a marketing stunt, but she could have find a better reason to give away her free noodles.

Most Thai's figure the police as a mafia. I figure it's sympathy for those molested by the police.

• Like 2

Promo gimmick – free noodle per one traffic ticket

Nakhon Ratchasima: – A street food vendor has come up with an unconventional idea to hand out 30 noodle dishes per day for traffic offenders.

Each customer has to show a receipt of paying traffic fine dated the same day as demanding the free serving, according to the Daily News report.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/805205-promo-gimmick-free-noodle-per-one-traffic-ticket/

Pretty good advertisement for a noodle soup shop. Will bite the bitter apple and drive to Korat, just for the sake of a noodle soup this weekend.

You can try to pickup a ticket on the way to get a free meal too :)

Although I've only ever seen police checking for speeders on the multi lane highways, so you might have to find a different offense if you want a free meal lol (I think it's just regular roads from Sisaket right? not multi lane highways).

Pretty good advertisement for a noodle soup shop. Will bite the bitter apple and drive to Korat, just for the sake of a noodle soup this weekend.

You can try to pickup a ticket on the way to get a free meal too smile.png

Although I've only ever seen police checking for speeders on the multi lane highways, so you might have to find a different offense if you want a free meal lol (I think it's just regular roads from Sisaket right? not multi lane highways).

You can go multilane from BKK to Ubon Ratchathani.

If they have a ticket, then doesn't that encourage offenders to at least make sure the fine is booked through accounts rather than going in the pocket?

If so then I think it's not all bad. Noodles aren't enough incentive to break the law, but perhaps enough to ensure that there's no tea money in abusing their position. Both sides being a little more responsible in future.