1 killed in tourist van to Pai.

khwaibah

Having to avoid head-ons with these vans often on HWY-1095, this accident does not surprise me and I expect more to come. Have seen them passing on switchbacks with no visibility forward. Condolences to the families.

Thanks for posting, the other thread is tucked away in the thaivisa news forum, not the thailandnews forum. Who reads that?

thread is tucked away in the......agreed, its not a user friendly site anymore.

They should be charged with murder! This backward country will never even begin to change their ways as far as road safety and driving is concerned until they start taking responsibility and concern for the visitors and own people. Make an effort and make a point instead of shrugging their shoulders . I've run out of words..... Seems they will never learn or be concerned,

Still find vans are the most aggressive and fastest drivers, a school van almost took me out the other day.

Very sad for anyone injured in those type of avoidable accidents.

I'm amazed how fast and aggressive school vans can be.

the BIB would do well to pull a few over!

I am surprised only one death.

I have only been over the route twice and with the twist and turns drivers passing on turns and what not I would expect to see this happening quite often. But that does not seem to be the case. It is a dangerous road.

• Like 2