Buying a House or Land between Pattaya and Eastern Seaboard region

Hi All.........I have been looking at property to buy in the Chonburi/Rayong area using the internet and its very challenging! The property will be in a Thai name so do not need a string of comments telling me a Farang cannot buy a house or land, but I do need any leads on some good areas to buy a modern 3-bed property in a secure location with access to international schools and shopping and without an 8M THB + price tag as looking to spend 5M max. I have see the Amaya Hill site and love the style but hate the price.

The other alternative is to buy land and build my own spec property but the search for land on the internet is lousy so guess I need to look around when I am back in Thai at the end of April but if any leads then please drop me a note...

Want to be far enough away from the Tourist Trap of downtown Pattaya but close enough to pop in for the weekend occasionally.

Andy guidance/contacts would really be appreciated

Cheers

Now back to the cold day in the UK :-(

Can't help much on property but would suggest you solve the school bit first then decide exactly where you are going to live based on that. There are a few such as REPS, St Andrews, Garden International in the Ban Chang/Rayong area then you are looking at the likes of MIS and Regents on the east side of Pattaya.

Just Moved into my new house in Soi Chaiyapruk 2 on a new small estate (20 plots) on Soi Khaomankok 1. Area still countrified but only 15 mins from the centre of town. Schools , supermarkets etc only minutes away. You can buy the plot and build your own design or use the developer's plans/builder. He has already built four on speck, another three built and occupied,two starting construction and another four plots sold . I spent a lot of time looking at other estates/resales/repossessions etc and this was the best IMO. The sales lady is Miss Hua 0816438588 but Her english is limited. Its going to be a nice exclusive estate when finished, not the same-same shoe box type of Thai estate you usually see in Pattaya and its also in your price range. Great value for money.

post-72935-0-91924500-1427314197_thumb.j

Check out Dhewee Park Bang Saray. (Has its own website.) 62 houses (all finished with established gardens. 100% of residents pay Maintenance fees for 24 hour security/pool/gym/garbage collection 3 times a week. Basic houses on 400 sq metre plot about 4 million + 18,000 baht pa fees.

@scoooooby

I agree Amaya Hill is a nice but overpriced project. Was also thinking of buying a plot on my own in a secured village and build m own house.

@peterrabbit

what are the plot sizes available in your village? Looks interesting! Any plots left?

Yes there are plots left they are about 85tw up to about 110tw (I think) towards the top of the estate. You will have to contact the sales lady Miss Hua 0816438588 or call into the sales office which is in the show house. If you go to Google earth and put in the following co-ordinates you can see where it is 12°52'43.63"N 100°54'56.61"E. The sat image is very up to date as it was taken in January this year.

• Like 1

Thanks for your input. Hope your dream will come true there!

Im actually dreaming of a Amaya hill or Vineyard like house BUT on a plot which is at least 500 sqm. If i build a house in Thailand then a big green tropical garden is a must. I honestly dislike the usual gardens plastered with concrete around the pool. Feels like a parking not like a tropical pool / garden Area.

But nevertheless I will have a look at it!

O.P.

May I suggest around Lake Mabprachan -Soi Siam Country Club

If you check a google map, that area will tick most of your boxes.

There are scores of villages / gated communities.

However, if you'd like to chose a plot of land and to self build?

You'll need local knowledge. Let us knowsmile.png