Phuket, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

phuketandsee

Lived in Phuket for 6 yrs, just come back from Prachup Khiri Khan, loved the laid back living and non ting tong driving style, people seem much friendlier than here, being retired it's a serious consideration to leave Phuket behind and a distant memory! happy for the time being though!

I spent the night in PKK on the drive from BKK to Phuket and I have to agree, PKK is extremely slow when it comes to driving. Everyone goes about 20 kph through town. It definitely was a nice change to Phuket's speedways, that's for sure. As the only non Thai to be seen near the military base, I was given the " oh you speak Thai so well" phrase many times along with big genuine smiles, which are hard to come by from the hardened locals here.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Never been to Phuket and have no intention of going there . Too many ferlung with all their BS. Hua-Hin was the same which is why we moved way up North. Now what I need to know is .......is .there anywhere with a beach in LoS that is free of thousands of pink ferlung riding around on scooters with a tin of Chang in one hand. The smog this year was too much and I want to find a beach or island next year to excape from all this.

I could tell you where to go but it'd probably get moderated!