Dr Visanu: Section 44 is needed to deal with ill-intent elements

webfact

So I guess the 58 year old man that got 25 years for 5 facebook messages, would come under....

A person that wanted to express his grievances.

And the 62 year old man that got 15 years for writing on the toilet wall at paragon would come under. .....

A person that wanted to express his grievances.

Or the hyperthetical thaivisa user that posted a funny picture with a smart caption that may get 30 years without bail, for expressing their grievances.

This is seriously the time to think carefully before touching that post button.

I ALREADY posted the translated version or Article 44 on my fb page in PUBLIC, with lots of snide comments. cheesy.gif

Guess it's time to get a shed load of bamboo sticks ready at my door. giggle.gif .......facepalm.gif .............laugh.png

And so many of us initially though that AA was something to do with drinking habits or a motoring organisation.
Went to an AA meeting once. Bunch of piss artists, wouldn't let them anywhere near my car.

Seriously though, I suspect at the moment you are more likely to be "dobbed in" by a fellow farang than to have the military calling on you of their own accord. That said, once they have a firm handle on the indigenous population's use of social media.....

I ALREADY posted the translated version or Article 44 on my fb page in PUBLIC, with lots of snide comments. cheesy.gif

Guess it's time to get a shed load of bamboo sticks ready at my door. giggle.gif .......facepalm.gif .............laugh.png

Would that be the rewritten, somewhat more ominous version, a large scale font image of which was posted by already gone newbie Zororaster, or the lawyer provided translation we got a few days after the Thai version was official law on the 22nd of July, 2014?

"Section 44. In the case where the Head of the National Council for Peace and Order is of opinion that it is necessary for the benefit of reform in any field and to strengthen public unity and harmony, or for the prevention, disruption or suppression of any act which undermines public peace and order or national security, the Monarchy, national economics or administration of State affairs, whether that act emerges inside or outside the Kingdom, the Head of the National Council for Peace and Order shall have the powers to make any order to disrupt or suppress regardless of the legislative, executive or judicial force of that order. In this case, that order, act or any performance in accordance with that order is deemed to be legal, constitutional and conclusive, and it shall be reported to the National Legislative Assembly and the Prime Minister without delay."

http://lawdrafter.blogspot.de/2014/07/translation-of-constitution-of-kingdom.html?m=1

People should read the fine print of their travel insurance before thinking that lifting martial law now makes the policy fully valid. Most policies also include a phrase "usurped power" along with martial law. This could be used to deny claims.

usurped power

A phrase common in insurance policies since the 18th century—and still found in standard war exclusions—that refers to an organized military operation, either foreign or domestic, that seizes the powers legally conferred upon a government. It is distinguished from insurrections and mob uprisings by the requirement that an organized military force must be used. Losses stemming from usurped power, like other related losses attributable to war, are excluded from most forms of commercial insurance.

I have read the small print, can not find any reference to marshal law...

If you are correct then there must be many news stories of insurance claims being turned down...

I have not seen any... got any links...

People should read the fine print of their travel insurance before thinking that lifting martial law now makes the policy fully valid. Most policies also include a phrase "usurped power" along with martial law. This could be used to deny claims.

usurped power

A phrase common in insurance policies since the 18th century—and still found in standard war exclusions—that refers to an organized military operation, either foreign or domestic, that seizes the powers legally conferred upon a government. It is distinguished from insurrections and mob uprisings by the requirement that an organized military force must be used. Losses stemming from usurped power, like other related losses attributable to war, are excluded from most forms of commercial insurance.

Also, life insurance companies do not normally compensate for death due to war or war-related developments.

Would that be the rewritten, somewhat more ominous version, a large scale font image of which was posted by already gone newbie Zororaster, or the lawyer provided translation we got a few days after the Thai version was official law on the 22nd of July, 2014?

"Section 44. In the case where the Head of the National Council for Peace and Order is of opinion that it is necessary for the benefit of reform in any field and to strengthen public unity and harmony, or for the prevention, disruption or suppression of any act which undermines public peace and order or national security, the Monarchy, national economics or administration of State affairs, whether that act emerges inside or outside the Kingdom, the Head of the National Council for Peace and Order shall have the powers to make any order to disrupt or suppress regardless of the legislative, executive or judicial force of that order. In this case, that order, act or any performance in accordance with that order is deemed to be legal, constitutional and conclusive, and it shall be reported to the National Legislative Assembly and the Prime Minister without delay."

http://lawdrafter.blogspot.de/2014/07/translation-of-constitution-of-kingdom.html?m=1

OMG.!!!! That is amazing ?

The problem is that these things are self-reinforcing. You ride roughshod over people, and they resent it and they grow fractious. So you ride roughshod over them some more to quell the fractiousness. Soon they start to develop ill-will towards you so you are forced to ride harder to keep them down. And so on and so forth. The sad part is that Thailand has been down this road - how often? And it has never, ever, turned out well.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, my own belief is that this takeover is a holding operation in preparation for an inevitable upcoming event. The difference is that this time, after the event occurs, there will be no entity to pour oil on the troubled waters. Onwards into uncharted waters with a deeply divided crew. It's a worry.