Chinese. So bad ?

berybert

There I was about 3 hours ago sitting in the Robin Hood bar in Phrom Phong watching all the so called intelligent western male staring into there 2 by 4 inch mobile worlds.

Along comes an Asian fella and asks if the chair next to me is taken.

2 hours later the Chinese person who sat next to me gets up to leave after a wonderful chat. What a wonderful guy. What a wonderful chat.

Just because they are Chinese doesn't mean they are scum.

Or maybe the normal people gravitate towards me.

It does happen that sometimes life throws a nice experience into our life. I am glad that this was one for you. It is bad to label all things under one label and sometimes a pearl will emerge from all the s^&t. Other times we have to just deal with the S#$t. I am a Brit and I have met nice ones and some I would not give the light of day after spending time with them and this goes with other nationalities as well. There are some really nice people out there and also some people best to avoid but it is hard to tell until you come across them.

I found Chinese people in China once you broke the ice with them to be extremely nice people, they struck me as being quite honest and hard working.

I find that chinese people have it like the worst, They don't commit crimes and create trouble but somehow get blamed as bad people for no reason or for small transgressions that other races/ethnic groups would have been forgiven.

What you have on this forum are the Chinese tour group spotters. They love to report the occasional unsightliness to reaffirm their bias. It is laughable and sad. Most Chinese just go about their business. Lived in greater most of my life. Have seen it all, but not to the extent to the TV Chinese tour group spotters.

you had a chat with a Chinese guy at a bar,,,,,saai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCdW09GY8hG

Go easy on him, it's his first Chinese friend. We've all been there; I think I was in kindergarten. This reminds me of George Costanza, with his black friends. God that was funny.

I had a couple of Chinese staff in the Middle East. Charming and hard working, and very popular with the other members who were mainly from India, a couple of Brits as well. Since then my travels and work have taken me to China, no problems. In LOS I am more wary about being in the company of Farangs.

I spent a year in China sometime back. I found them to be the most friendly and helpful people I have ever encountered. And I've been around some!

Thailand calls its self the 'Land of Smiles'. Well sorry to say, I found the Chinese far more engaging. And the food is just brilliant! Best cuisine in the world by far. The beer's not bad either.

I had a couple of Chinese staff in the Middle East. Charming and hard working, and very popular with the other members who were mainly from India, a couple of Brits as well. Since then my travels and work have taken me to China, no problems. In LOS I am more wary about being in the company of Farangs.

What is this LOS? what does it mean?

LOS My guess is: Likes Omitting Spelling any one care to help out here?

"Just because they are Chinese doesn't mean they are scum.

Or maybe the normal people gravitate towards me."

That is probably the saddest statement I have read on TV (and that's saying a mouthful). To suggest that people of a certain nation could be compared to s - - - words fail me....they really do.

Edited by dotpoom

Land Of Smiles, abbreviated to LOS, means Thailand.

The best Chinese Food is without doubt in Melbourne Australia, as is Indian And Greek. And the Chinese are just good people, no fuss, Polite, Very Intelligent, Serious, hard Working. not like many others in Thailand.

I make Chinese friends all the time when I'm fighting them for the food scraps at the Hilton buffet. Geez, don't the feed this folks back home???? They can buzz through a turkey in no time flat! What happen to rice and fish??? ?

The Chinese are working their way up the prosperity chain it takes a while to adjust. You can see the new prosperity at work in the USA, Canada and Australia where they are flopping out millions in cash for high end real estate. Some of the news out of China with ghost cities and over leveraging is scaring the Chinese hi-so's and they are rushing to get their yuan's out of the country. Here's hoping the trickle does not turn into a raging river.

I spent a year in China sometime back. I found them to be the most friendly and helpful people I have ever encountered. And I've been around some!

Thailand calls its self the 'Land of Smiles'. Well sorry to say, I found the Chinese far more engaging. And the food is just brilliant! Best cuisine in the world by far. The beer's not bad either.

Qingtao is great indeed, and the food might be tasty but the oil its cooked in...well....

So you'll be off to China soon then?

Nice people are to be found everywhere. Haters, xenophobes and negative people can be found as well. The later group I avoid and go about my business.

So you hate haters fear xenophobes and and have no positive feelings for the negative people.

Nice people are to be found everywhere. Haters, xenophobes and negative people can be found as well. The later group I avoid and go about my business.

So you avoid Thais, they're extremely xenophobic.

I had a conversation with a Chinese guy I met in a bar...and now I think ALL Chinese people are so nice, intelligent, cultured, and great people...is this called "Hasty Generalization"...?