Welcome new members

OK..I think I have it figured out how to post a photo. Here's one to start with:

That's an excellent start and a great shot.

If you would like to upload a larger size file straight from your Flickr page,this is the way that I do it.

Click on the image that you want share from your main photostream.That takes you onto a single view of your chosen image.

Next,look at the bottom right of the image,you should see four symbols.Click on the one that looks like and underlined downward

facing arrow,that will open a small drop down menu.In the drop down menu click on all files.Clicking on the all files option will take

you onto downloading option.The first image usually shown there is a file size of 1024,which is an ideal size for posting.Right click

on the image and choose 'copy image',from there you can paste the image directly into the post you want to make in your topic of

choice.

That's the way I do it,maybe some of the other members have a different or easier method,but it works for me.

Shaggy,

I did all this, to get this message: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CB,that's unfortunate,are you trying to post from Google Chrome by any chance?

I have a page on G+ also,and when I try to post any images using Chrome,also get the same message about not being able to use that 'image extension.

Doesn't seem to be a problem when I am using Firefox as my browser though,can upload and share images from my google account.

Would be nice...

The only way for me to post pics fast is via the ThaiVisa app from my iphone/ipad in questionable quality.

Uploading pics direct from my HD in the ThaiVisa reply web version is near impossible, annoying, off-putting, frustrating, time wasting, low quality etc. ...

Would like to load from flickr, to see if the quality improves...

OK..I think I have it figured out how to post a photo. Here's one to start with:

That's an excellent start and a great shot.

If you would like to upload a larger size file straight from your Flickr page,this is the way that I do it.

Click on the image that you want share from your main photostream.That takes you onto a single view of your chosen image.

Next,look at the bottom right of the image,you should see four symbols.Click on the one that looks like and underlined downward

facing arrow,that will open a small drop down menu.In the drop down menu click on all files.Clicking on the all files option will take

you onto downloading option.The first image usually shown there is a file size of 1024,which is an ideal size for posting.Right click

on the image and choose 'copy image',from there you can paste the image directly into the post you want to make in your topic of

choice.

That's the way I do it,maybe some of the other members have a different or easier method,but it works for me.

Shaggy,

I did all this, to get this message: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

My pinned topic details the methods to post - Posting Images - Guidelines

If in Flickr, don't use the link that is in the address bar, that is not the image but the page the image is on and why you get that message as there is no image extension. As mentioned, right click on the image itself then click Copy Link Location (that is FF, Chrome will say Copy Image Address). Then use the Image icon to paste the URL into it.

The best way to test if the copy is correct is to open a new tab and paste the link you copied into it. You should see the full image and the address bar will show if the extension is correct such as .jpg, .png, etc. Other sites, the method will be the same.

//edit - the Flickr version will generally be better even though it is still reprocessed and compressed at the Flickr end, but believe less processing then Thaivisa's attachment processing.

Several members have helped me on Flickr setup....Thank you! thumbsup.gif I have not been able to do it yet, having gout and pain killers sort of wipe out my ability to concentrate on doing "new things"

I got that "cannot use extension" message the day I did try... when I am back to "normal", I will try again! wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

OK, this is how I do it using Flickr, my MBP and Safari:

1. Go to your image in Flickr (make sure you are at the screen where you assign groups, keywords etc.)
  2. Select the download icon below and to the right of your image
  3. Choose the size you want (I recommend 'Large'
  4. Right click on the selected size and choose 'Copy Link'
  5. Now go to TV forum
  6. Select the 'image' icon on the top of the image reply area (if not visible, choose 'More Reply Options' next to the 'Post' button. This should make the 'image' icon visible (looks like a little monitor).
  7. When you select the 'image' icon, you will get a pop-up box where you 'Paste' your copied link. This should load the photo into the reply box (give it a moment, especially if it is a big file).
  8. Press post and you're done!!!!!

Hope that helps thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone!

My name's Dima. I am new here.

Live in BKK.

Usually I post my pictures on the Instagram (@dima_trionix) and I am the admin of Instagram community Bangkok Spirit (@bangkokspirit) so everyone is welcomed! =))

Hope I can bring something good here and you will enjoy my works. Will be glad to have you as friends.=))))

Just seen this thread and the discussion about posting from Flickr.

This is what I do:

1. Select the image you want to share

2. On the bottom right of the screen showing the image, there are four icons, the third from the left being a sideways pointing arrow (mouse over it and is labeled "share"). Click on the arrow.

3. There are 4 options. Choose BBcode. and then select the size of image you want to share.

4. Copy the code and then just paste it into your TV post.

If you are not sure whether you have done the right thing, click "more reply options at the bottom of your TV post to see a preview.

The resulting image will be displayed like this:
25206363945_35316716df_b.jpgOL218211 by Spike Tennyson, on Flickr

Thanks Shaggy for the invite to be here!!!! Looking forward to meeting new friends and collaborating on our passion, photography!!

Hi there Scott and a warm welcome to our photo forum.

Will look forward to seeing more of your wonderful images on our main photo forum !!!

Also, a big thank you to FracturedRabbit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It all started on a boat trip down the Mekong, a sports event at the 700 year stadium and because I wanted to get a picture of some little birds hanging out around my balcony, a pair of owls roosting in the big tree to a pair of Falcons flying around the big circular condo near me... I know, I may never get an actual good shot of them, but the others are doable... and the macro and street photography here should keep me occupied from the occasional boredom.

Ok, maybe I should mention the photo set up at Kad Suan Kaew by the CMU students and the one at Maya by the CMPG kick started me also.

Anyway, I have thoroughly been enjoying my hours and days of research into formats, cameras, lenses, photo apps, lots of "Understanding Photography" and looking at hundreds of compositions that I like and the details about f-stop/speed/ISO....

Ultimately deciding on MFT and specifically on the Olympus models and lenses.

I'm a little late out of the gate on the M1 as the rumor is update coming in the fall... so, I have decided on the M5mk2, with the 12-40 pro lens for my re-entry into photography. Should get me started and keep me busy as it seems to be a good camera and lens with a lots of great reviews.

You all seem to like Photo Bug, so I am going to head over there in the next day or two and do some touching and feeling.

Thanks to a lot of you here with your comments, reviews and links. Great resource, much appreciated.

It all started on a boat trip down the Mekong, a sports event at the 700 year stadium and because I wanted to get a picture of some little birds hanging out around my balcony, a pair of owls roosting in the big tree to a pair of Falcons flying around the big circular condo near me... I know, I may never get an actual good shot of them, but the others are doable... and the macro and street photography here should keep me occupied from the occasional boredom.

Ok, maybe I should mention the photo set up at Kad Suan Kaew by the CMU students and the one at Maya by the CMPG kick started me also.

Anyway, I have thoroughly been enjoying my hours and days of research into formats, cameras, lenses, photo apps, lots of "Understanding Photography" and looking at hundreds of compositions that I like and the details about f-stop/speed/ISO....

Ultimately deciding on MFT and specifically on the Olympus models and lenses.

I'm a little late out of the gate on the M1 as the rumor is update coming in the fall... so, I have decided on the M5mk2, with the 12-40 pro lens for my re-entry into photography. Should get me started and keep me busy as it seems to be a good camera and lens with a lots of great reviews.

You all seem to like Photo Bug, so I am going to head over there in the next day or two and do some touching and feeling.

Thanks to a lot of you here with your comments, reviews and links. Great resource, much appreciated.

Welcome to the TV Photo forum, Nowisee! We look forward to seeing your photographic work! thumbsup.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

First, thanks for the numerous nice photos shown here. I do like many, many...

For my part, I’ve been back to B&W film photography for some years now, and, if film photography allowed here, I decided to venture in this forum…

So, in short, living in Chiang Mai, I spend part of my leasure time to shoot and home-processed B&W films, as well as processing wet-prints in my small but dedicated darkroom.

Though I’m just a hobbyist, I enjoy shooting with my “vintage” gear, ranging from 24x36 to 6x9, and then, under the red safety-light, to make prints come to life.

BTW I know absolutely nothing about digital photography. But I’m ready to learn as in a next future I may be interested to find a digital body to carry my “vintage” lenses and enjoy them for color pics. I’ll ask later on the forum for some advices: your knowledge here will be of great interest…

As well, I don’t own a film scanner (nor a FlickR account nor whatever). I just use my desk scanner/printer to scan some of my prints for sharing with friends. So please, understand quality may not be at its best when I post…

Thanks for reading, and best regards to all!

Ray

Pic below: HP5+ film in D76 1+1 and wet print on Foma FB paper 111

post-41729-0-96387300-1463227021_thumb.j

Welcome, Ray!

There are a few members here that dabble in black and white... so you won't be alone...

Most of us are hobbyists so no need to worry and also a number of members will no doubt help you...

Perhaps we'll think about starting a Black and White thread and see how much interest there is!

Or you could start your own thread "Gobs, Life in Thailand and what I see"

Thanks for the prompt welcome, Jimmy!

Can't help you to decide for a "new" B&W thread... rolleyes.gif

BTW through the search engine I found no thread related to films and/or wet printing. But maybe I didn't dig enough...

Kind regards,

Ray

Maybe it should be a good idea to begin a B&W line ;

We have already many photos in B&W in the Traditional Street Photos

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/619712-traditional-street-photography/

and I'm sure we can discover other B&W in other lines...

It's easy for us, on digital photos to transform a color photo in a B&W one .

Ray, you can post all the question you want about digital photos , camera and lenses in the appropriate line

Photography, Equipment, tools

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/179-photography-equipment-tools/

Thanks for the prompt welcome, Jimmy!

Can't help you to decide for a "new" B&W thread... rolleyes.gif

BTW through the search engine I found no thread related to films and/or wet printing. But maybe I didn't dig enough...

Kind regards,

Ray

There is a thread here (not obviously named!) which has some film related stuff:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/892973-the-ultimate-photographers-guide-to-bangkok-film-and-digital-2016/

Mainly Bangkok related; but might be of interest.

• 2 months later...

I'm not a photographer but I enjoy the pictures. This month's(July's) photo contest pictures are wonderful! I just wanted to say that since I couldn't post it on the contest thread. You guys are skilled.I'll enjoy checking out the pics every month. smile.png

• 1 month later...

Posted a few photos over the last couple of days and thought I had better introduce myself. I'm a Kiwi in my late 50's and been taking photos as long as I can remember. I'm an amateur an landscapes are my passion. I have a Thai partner from Doi Tung in the north and we sped 4-6 months a year in Thailand with the balance in NZ. The gear I use is Sony which was a natural progression from Minolta for me. Currently using an old A99, 16-35/2.8 CZ, 24-70/2.8 CZ. 70-200/2.8 G, 100/2.8 M and my pocket camera is my trusty old RX100/lll. I have a website in desperate need of maintenance (not my thing so I keep putting it off) but if anyone is interested www.southernlightsphotography.com

Finally everyone who commented on pics I've recently posted THANKS, you've made me feel right at home

cheers

Alan

Edited by retoohs