Phuket armed robbery unfolds in front of tourists

Thaivisa News

Phuket – Two armed suspects fled with 500,000 baht following a robbery in front of 10 Chinese tourists who were waiting for massage services at a spa, provincial police said yesterday.

Police suspect the robbery to be an insider’s job and are trying to track down the two suspects and a driver for getaway motorcycle.

Phuket deputy commander Colonel Phinij Sirichai led the team from Wichit police station to check the scene at Imperial Spa located near Chao Fah Market in Phuket Mueang district.

Phinij said he found the 10 tourists were in panic for having to witness the armed robbery instead of getting a massage.

The robbery curiously coincided with the payday for staff when the spa had kept available the highest amount of cash, he said.

While spa owner In Mikim and three staffers were assisting the Chinese tourists to choose the massage, two men wearing safety helmets walked into the lobby area.

One wielded a knife and another had a pistol. The two were dressed alike in black pants and fatigue shirts. None of the witnesses saw the faces shielded by the helmets.

They spoke in central Thai dialect demanding the cash prepared for staff payments.

Police checked the security camera footage to verify the statements of witnesses. The robbery lasted a few minutes before the suspects fled riding in the pillion of the motorcycle.

The video footage showed the two suspects holding one staffer each while demanding another staffer to hand over the cash.

One staffer had the knife pointed at the nape of her neck and the other had the pistol pointed at her back.

>>The robbery curiously coincided with the payday for staff when the spa had kept available the highest amount of cash, he said.<<Quote

Hint, hint...........................boyfriend of one of the massage girls.................coffee1.gif

• Like 2

They were panicking yet they still didn't flee? Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's probably like 1000 other massage places in the province alone. Why insist on going to THIS one after witnessing an armed robbery? I'd be concerned if it was me.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They were panicking yet they still didn't flee? Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's probably like 1000 other massage places in the province alone. Why insist on going to THIS one after witnessing an armed robbery? I'd be concerned if it was me.

The only thing, that should concern you, is your comprehension skills!!

They were there during the robbery.......................coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4 alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

Be easy on him, it was a very long report with some very big adult type wordsfacepalm.gif

Buzz off.

Why wouldn't they not flee then? Like I would stick around AFTER a robbery occurred. I'd flee the place.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The only thing, that should concern you, is your comprehension skills!!

They were there during the robbery.......................coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4 alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

Be easy on him, it was a very long report with some very big adult type wordsfacepalm.gif

Also, I think it's you two who are lacking comprehension skills.

Read this quote:

"While spa owner In Mikim and three staffers were assisting the Chinese tourists to choose the massage, two men wearing safety helmets walked into the lobby area."

I'll help you:

The tourists just arrived because they were in the PROCESS of CHOOSING the massage. That means they HADN'T started their massage yet nor had they paid yet.

There you go, the BIG words are there for you, just in case you need help.