swimming pool pattaya

Bold333

I was looking for someone decent to clean my pool, but I made a big mistake to hire;

<deleted>

My swimming pool is green, and it looks crappy.

"A person" was recommended on Thaivisa, which I think was a false advertising.

He only came 2-3 times per month to service the pool.

He also tried to say many times, that something is broken, and you need to pay more.

I am very unhappy with his service.

Had two different "cleaners" none of them satisfactory.

Best way if you have the time is to do it yourself, you can do a lot of research on the net and with a bit of patience its not rocket science.

f you are a bit of a tinkerer as I am it won't be long before you can take care of your pool with a couple of hours work over the week

First check the size of your pool and the volume of water then when you know the volume of water you can find out the ratios of chlorine powder or granules to Soda ash, these are the two main constituents for a safe and balanced water

First thing I would check is that your pool filter sand doesn't need changing and that the pumps are actually pumping the water around the system with no blockages

second thing is if all the electrics are working , the water levels ok and then I would "shock" the pool with loads of Chlorine granules, you will know what quantities to add from your knowledge of the volume of your pool water and the use of one of the cheap test kits that you can buy from any of the pool shops, this, shocking should kill the green algae unless its not green algae but copper sulphate, normally if you have a green tinge in the water that is quite clear, then it usually is copper that is discoloring the water and you can buy a chemical for getting rid of the copper.

Most probably it will be an algae bloom though.

Sometime when there is a big algae bloom like we sometime experience after leaving the pool for a few weeks when we are off on holiday, the dead algae after shocking with the chlorine will stick around in the middle of the water, there is a blue powder called a "flock" I think that will cause this dead algae to sink to the bottom of the floor where it can be easily sucked up by your pool vacuum .

Im no expert but I have a clear and clean well balanced pool with just a couple of enjoyable hours a week adding chlorine or minimal soda ash and pottering around in general

If you are around Pattaya and within the SSCC area give me a PM I would be happy to help out in getting you started

Don't confuse somebody who cleans your pool, with somebody who maintains it ....

I use "Sam" to clean the pool, he does a great job. But *I* make sure that my pool

does not "turn green", or black algae grows on the walls. The cleaning guy cleans

the overflow and vacuums the pool. That's all he does. It takes 15 minutes per

months to "maintain your pool", that means maintaining the proper chemical

balances. You'll need to invest in a few tools (like a digital ph meter) .... no Thai

was ever able to keep my pool clear without over chlorinating it. Now I do it myself.

My, and my families health is to important to me to have some one who does not

give a crap maintain proper chemical balances ....

luudee

Edited by luudee
  • Like 2

Add a shitload of chlorine tends to always the best advice for a pool.

exactly my thoughts as well until some time ago my mate Rob asked me how much chlorine my pool was using and I said loads.

he then tested my pool and the PH was so low as to be nonexistent and this apparently caused the water not only to be corrosive to just about everything that touches it but costs a lot more in keeping chlorine levels at what are an artificially too high a level

We finished up putting about 15K of soda ash in the 10 x 5 pool to get the PH up to a normal level and since then I only put small amounts of chlorine in to keep the balance right and the algae out

We've been through several pool guys. Start out good and down hill from there. I think we're on our 4th one in 5 years. So far, these guys are pretty good.

Best bet is to get a reference from others in your village. What part of town are you located?