money changers around the central area other than superrich

Howitzer

Vasu, right underneath the Nana BTS station, on the Suk Soi 7 side of Sukhumvit Road.

There's also various other branches of SuperRich around, though they may not have the same exchange rates as the main branch, including a relatively new one inside the Asoke BTS station right near the 2nd floor entrance to Terminal 21 mall.

Actually Vasu is located on soi 7/1 (opposite Subway) NOT on soi 7 (Beer Garden). Another good exchanger is Siam Exchange om Phaya Thai Road), opposite MBK.

I didn't say it was on or at Soi 7. I said it was on the Soi 7 (odd numbered sois) side of Sukhumvit Road, underneath the Nana BTS station, both of which are correct. But yes, it is exactly at the corner of the main road and Suk 7/1.

Vasu, right underneath the Nana BTS station, on the Suk Soi 7 side of Sukhumvit Road.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

So the best rates are still at the super rich location opposite central world that is the most crowded?

I don't really ever use those businesses. But in the past, when I've looked at their exchange rates, the CentralWorld area SuperRich seemed to have somewhat better rates than the other branches. It's been a while since I looked, though. They do list a lot of that info on their website, btw.

SuperRich, at least most of their BKK branches, will be open during the Song Kran holidays, as follows from their website:

SuperRich will open on Songkran Festival as follows:

Head Office (Ratchadamri Branch)- April 13-15, 2015: Open Time: 09:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.

SuperRich buy & Sell foreign currencies. (Cash only, Sorry for credit card is not accepted)

Sub – Branches open during 13-15 April 2015

Open Time: 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. SuperRich buy foreign currencies only. (No selling)
- BTS Asoke
- BTS Chidlom
- Big C Ratchadamri
- MBK
- Central Embassy
- Airport Link Suvarnabhumi Station

Open Time: 10:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. SuperRich buy foreign currencies only. (No selling)
- Central Ladprao

---------------------------

- SuperRich Thai Airways Branch, Silom Branch and Saladang branch will close during April 13 – 15, 2015 and open normally on April 16, 2015.

- SuperRich Airport Link Phayathai Station will close during April 12 - 14 2015 and open normally on April 15, 2015

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

almost every bank has a booth, why dont you use those. all rates are just about the same or at least no more them a mrt ticket difference would cost.

always ask for a receipt first before you had the money under at these booths. the mtb bank near patong tried to give me $32 usd for 1500 baht.

You never compared the rates between banks and these exchange dervices. If you really have large amounts its really worth the trouble. My friend exchanged 10,000 usd and the difference wad around 2,000 baht. But yes for small amounts use the nearest bank.