Does True Move only have idiots at work?

Anthony5

Today 5.10pm, I'm shopping at Big C central Pattaya, when I notice that my phone with post paid True sim displays the message " Emergency calls only".

I restart the phone, but on start up get get the display " No service". I take out and reinsert the sim and start the phone again with the same result.

Next I do a network search, which result in all networks found, but it fails to register on the network. Clearly something wrong with either sim or network registration.

No problem, I thought, as the True shop is right opposite the check out counter.

Went in show the lady at the entrance the message on the screen., and tell her what actions I have performed already. Anyway she restart the whole procedure, changing network settings a few times, reinserting sim, restarting phone multiple times and searching network multiple times. Always same it finds all available networks but fails to register.

After the last of multiple attempts where she let the " registering to network" run for over 5 minutes each time, she gives up and brings the phone to the counter.

There all the procedures start over once again.At one point the "registering to network" is displaying the message for almost 15 minutes, yet they don't have a clue yet.

I tell her that she should check if there is a problem with the sim or check with the service center, on which I get the quite rude response " you wait" everybody has to wait, and the registering with network goes on. Keep in mind I'm now in the shop for almost 45 minutes, looking at the same stupid actions, while anyone with a brain the size of a pea would know already that there is a problem with the network.

I get pretty vocal at that point and the smart <deleted> experts behind the counter, who probably were watch sellers on the beach a day earlier, look at me as what do you know stupid farang.

At that point the manager shows up and start abusing me right away as that I don't know anything and that the problem is with my phone. I ask her if a phone finds the network, but fails to register even after 15 minutes, the problem is with the phone. She answer yes in a rude way, so I challenge her to put the sim in another phone and proof me that I'm wrong.

She gets another phone, and of course the sim also fails to register in that phone.

That is the first time they start to check the sim in the system, hooray. They find out pretty fast that there is a problem with the registration of the sim, which is only about 42 days activated, but instead of telling me what's the problem they start accusing me that I must have been in another shop and they have changed the sim.

They start questioning me when I registered the sim, and again insinuate that I went to another shop. On my remarks that they said previously that the problem 100% was with my phone, they prefer not to answer anymore.

Finally they give me a new sim and activate it with the same number, but apologies are of course not offered.

Rant over.

• Like 1

Always used AIS. Never have these problems.

The irony, I ported my number from AIS to True end of February, because I don't have AIS reception at my place.

To register the number I traveled to Sri Racha, because I know from past experience that the folks in the True shop in Pattaya are rude morons and idiots.

I once had one of them wanted to call the police because I said that True had eaten my credit form a prepaid data package after the data allowance was reached, while he insisted that it switched to lower speed. At that time I swore never to use True ever again, because clearly they have no idea what they are talking about, but was forced because of higher mentioned circumstances.

In Sri Racha I was served by very helpful people with a smile.

Edited by Anthony5

Exactly the same type of ignorant arrogant dumb chickens working at most internet offices, met them at TOT, 3BB, CAT... As stupid as the backside of a donkey but they think they know everything. I learned to in case of technical issues always only deal with managers, it saves a lot of time also.

• Like 1

Exactly the same type of ignorant arrogant dumb chickens working at most internet offices, met them at TOT, 3BB, CAT... As stupid as the backside of a donkey but they think they know everything. I learned to in case of technical issues always only deal with managers, it saves a lot of time also.

Well this case the lady behind the counter simply refused my requests to check if there were problems with the sim or network, but the manager insisted that the problem was with my phone, because she wouldn't accept that registering on the network is a communication solely between sim and cell tower and has nothing to do with the phone.

She was also very confident that the sim would work in any other phone, which was of course a big disappointment when it turned out not to be the case.The loss of face must have be big because instead of offering apologies, she decide to attack even further.

Your expectations are too high!!!!biggrin.png

It seems that it isn't such an issue with the other providers i have dealt with, and even not with the True shop in Sriracha, but True in Pattaya jumps in the picture right away and then I'm talking about all 3 locations.

I can give you plenty examples of it, like when i went to the North Pattaya branch to inquire about porting my AIS number and what packages were available with True postpaid, and got completely wrong information.

That was also the reason I went to Sriracha as I could find out myself that the information I had received was wrong, which was also confirmed by the True shop in Sriracha.

So actually I should amend the thread title to True move in Pattaya.

Edited by Anthony5

Well this case the lady behind the counter simply refused my requests to check if there were problems with the sim or network, but the manager insisted that the problem was with my phone, because she wouldn't accept that registering on the network is a communication solely between sim and cell tower and has nothing to do with the phone.

She was also very confident that the sim would work in any other phone, which was of course a big disappointment when it turned out not to be the case.The loss of face must have be big because instead of offering apologies, she decide to attack even further.

One of the biggest programming errors with Thais is that they cannot listen, they can only talk, and suffer mental tunnel visions that are impossible to break trough.

Luckily there are also some who are not like this and have open minds, but not so many...

In generally I have much more respect for simple hardworking massage girls then for the types as mentioned above with their worthless university degrees.

Edited by Mcffee
  • Like 1

Tis evening I received a call from a True shop in Chonburi to ask if my sim now functioned normal.

When I asked why they knew about my problem they said it were them who messed with the system that rendered my sim useless. They offered apologies for the inconvenience, but couldn't tell me what they actually had done from a remote computer that made that I couldn't register to the network anymore.

It must have shown in the computer at the Pattaya branch as they asked me if I went to another True shop that day.

What can I expect?