Two Chinese tourists rescued near Koh Lan

Thaivisa News

Pattaya, Chon Buri:- Two Chinese tourists rent a jetski to ride around Koh Lan but it sank, prompting them to struggle in the sea for over five hours before they were rescued, police said.

The Chinese couple were identified as Liu Zheng, 30 and Hu Cheng Feng 21.

Officials of the Sawang Boribun Thammasathan Pattaya Foundation were alerted at 6 pm Saturday by a fishing boat that the two tourists were spotted floating with life vest in the sea between Koh Lan and Koh Sak in Tambon Naklua of Bang Lamung district.

The fishing boat did not pluck the couple from the water but alerted the foundation that in turn contacted the Pattaya marine rescue unit to dispatch a speed boat to rescue them.

The marine rescuers found the two in their swimming dress and with life vest on. They appeared fatigued.

They were plucked from the sea and rushed to the Bali Hai pier on the Pattaya coast.

The two told the rescuers that they rented a jetski at 1 pm and was riding it around Koh Lan when it sank.

The couple said a fishing boat happened to pass by at 6 pm so they called for help.

The marine rescuers took the two to report the incident at the Pattaya police station and they were later sent back to their hotel on Koh Lan.

With clean and clear sea, Koh Lan which is off the Pattaya coast, is a popular destination for Chinese tourists.

On Friday, Wu Long You, 71, a Chinese tourist drowned at the popular Tawaen beach on Koh Lan.

I wonder if they now still have to pay for the scratches that can undoubtedly be found on the bottom of the jetski.

Would it not be grand if they just were given a full refund by the jetski-operator , sporting a big smile, meanwhile craving forgiveness for the crappy material he sent them out to sea with?

A gesture like that would really help to improve the image of the profession.

I wonder if they now still have to pay for the scratches that can undoubtedly be found on the bottom of the jetski.

Would it not be grand if they just were given a full refund by the jetski-operator , sporting a big smile, meanwhile craving forgiveness for the crappy material he sent them out to sea with?

A gesture like that would really help to improve the image of the profession.

I'd recommend not being farther from shore than one can swim while on a jet ski or any other recreational device.

Good they had a life vest on.

I know for a fact, a few years ago I had to implore the ferry operators to open up the darn compartment where they kept the life vests when I ventured to Koh Larn with friends. They took my request as an annoyance or joke.

That water's deep and it and it can be a long way to swim.