Cabin/Bungalow on the cheap

chiangrai

I want to build a small cabin,18ft by 12ft with a loft bed.

First I need to ask some very basic questions before I decide how to build it.

1-Which is cheaper a concrete foundation or up on stilts and

2-What are the choices for the materials for the walls.Are concrete blocks much more expensive than dry line board with some other layers and what might those layers be.

Do they have polestirene insulation here.I was rhinking,drylining on the inside,ploestirine in the middle and this compressed bamboo sheeting on the outside.

I can't see myself saving much on a house this size but I don't know.

What would you do.

Thanks.

Just a knee jerk response. Have you ever thought about converting an old shipping container? I just googled the idea a while back. I have noticed that people are starting to do it here. Also knew a guy that bought one of those pre fab wooden bugalows . He paid about 300k built a pad....and a bathroom........I guess it all depends on your budget as well.

Budjet 100K.

Also I'm way up in the mountains where anything where you need a crane or

even a large truck is too expensive.

It doesn't have to be finished for that money.A working toilet and shower and a weatherproof bedroom and we're in.

Steel frame with Villaboard walls outside and Gypsum on the inside with Insulation between.....cheapest and easiest for where you are...

On stilts (SteelPosts not wood) is probably best also where you are if it's steep...

You can put Chicken wire on the outside before you put on the Villaboard, which makes it Rat Proof from the start.

if you dont want to do this, look on internet in Made in China there is a company turning out kit homes fairly cheap all different sizes....Cant remember the name of the company, but just go searching.

Get in touch with Kevvy on the forum up there....he will tell you about this type of construction (and probably show you, as he lives there somewhere.)

Edited by weegee