Scandinavian tourists cancel trips to Krabi

Scandinavian tourists cancel trips to Krabi

Many Scandinavians have cancelled their trips to Krabi after their friends who have visited the southern seaside province have encountered polluted sea and garbage stench, Wiyada Srirangkul, chief of the Krabi office of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, said Tuesday.
She said the Scandinavian tourists have complained about polluted sea and garbage problem at the TAT office in Stockholm.

The tourists complained that wasted waters polluted the sea and they were too scared to swim in Krabi sea.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Scandinavian-tourists-cancel-trips-to-Krabi-30259891.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation May 12, 2015

I stopped going to Krabi after my last visit 5 years ago.

Before that I visited Krabi (Ao Nang) at least once a year.

My first time ever ages ago there were 2 hotels some bungalows and 1 restaurant, talk about peace and quit !

Not any more.

Yermanee wai.gif

i enjoyed Ao nang twice in 2013. It really is scenic with the limestone clifffs, water and jungle all in view from my hotel balcony. Lots of very decent eateries. Enough night life to have some fun. But the sea floor was very slimy, hopefully just from silt and foliage runoff. Railey beach around the corner had a more sandy seafloor. Iintended to stay in Krabi town,but as the Scandanavians seem to be reporting, the bay didn't look promising. The ferry ride from Phuket on one of the Ao Nang Princess boats really was pleasant and very scenic.

I was in Krabi about one year ago. It was my first time there so I cant compare it to any previous visit. I dont remember noticing any polluted sea or garbage stench.

Edited by BKKBobby

Not only the Sea Slimey from foliage run off,the roads are too. yet the renters of Scooters dont tell tourists , i just dont get it, at least 3 a day skid by the Ferry car park. The Princess Boat has burnt by he way.

One of the Princess boats burned. There are several boats with a similar name, followed by a number. I checked my photo record and the boat I was on was not the one that burned.