Phuket man shot what police say is a case of mistaken identity

webfact

Phuket man shot what police say is a case of mistaken identity
Darawan Naknakhon

1431601659_1-org.jpg
Mr Kordej was taken to Thalang Hospital for treatment to the gunshot wound.

PHUKET: -- A Thai man was shot yesterday (May ) in what police say was a case of mistaken identity. However, they have also said that they know who the suspected shooters are.

At 11pm yesterday, Thalang police were called to the scene of a shooting at a rented room in soi Kubo in Pa Khlok where Kordej Sintoe, 38, from Phang Nga had been shot in the left had side of his body.

Police were told that Mr Kordej and his girlfriend were sittting and talking in front of his rented room when the gunman approached on a motorbike and fired a single shot which hit Mr Kordej in the left had side of his body.

The shooters then drove away from the scene.

At 11am today (May14), Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander, Col Peerayuth Karajadee said police searched the crime scene and discovered one bullet mark on the back of a pick up truck and another on an electricity pylon.

A bullet tip was also found close to where Mr Kordej had been sitting.

A witness told police four men came on two motorbikes, one jumped of a motorbike and shot at Mr Kordej before jumping back on the motorbike and speeding off.

“I don't know these men. My girlfriend and I were talking in front my room when we heard the gun shot. I only realised I had been shot at when the bullet hit me and I saw blood,” Mr Kordej told police.

Col Peerayuth Karajadee said, “After questioning Mr Kordej and witnesses we believe that the suspects shot the wrong man because one of the shooters is believed to have a problem with someone who lives in the area resembles Mr Kordej.

“When the group saw Mr Kordej they stopped and one man fired at him from about 20 metres away.

“However, we have identified the four men and we are watching them closely. We are gathering further information so that we can obtain an arrest warrant from Phuket Provincial Court.”

Mr Kordej was taken to Thalang Hospital for treatment to the gunshot wound.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-man-shot-what-police-say-is-a-case-of-mistaken-identity-52324.php

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-15

"I don't know these men. My girlfriend and I were talking in front my room when we heard the gun shot. I only realised I had been shot at when the bullet hit me and I saw blood,” Mr Kordej told police"

That is amazing He realized he had been shot when the bullet hit him and he saw blood You mean that he did not know he was shot BEFORE the bullet hit him WOW

Smart Thai man

Something fundamentally wrong with the law in having to wait for an arrest warrant. Gives the perps much more time to cover their tracks especially when police announce in advance who they are actually getting an arrest warrant for.

LoS is the hub of crackdowns, purges etc but i never hear anyone in authority express any concern about the amount of firearms in the country.

Is it something to do with the right of Thai macho men's right to ' bear arms ', for face of course ?

Something fundamentally wrong with the law in having to wait for an arrest warrant. Gives the perps much more time to cover their tracks especially when police announce in advance who they are actually getting an arrest warrant for.

But having the ability to arrest ''on suspicion of'' means that the hard working BiB would have to leave their little air-conditioned boxes far more frequently and it would interrupt their card game.

Far better for them to wait for an arrest warrant to be issued with a summons, and then wait for the suspects to turn themselves in.

This should be sarcasm, but it isn't.

"I don't know these men. My girlfriend and I were talking in front my room when we heard the gun shot. I only realised I had been shot at when the bullet hit me and I saw blood,” Mr Kordej told police"

That is amazing He realized he had been shot when the bullet hit him and he saw blood You mean that he did not know he was shot BEFORE the bullet hit him WOW

Smart Thai man

so an ostensibly innocent man is shot and all you can take away from the news story is that he is stupid based on a quote which is quite likely garbled in translation?

Edited by LivinginKata
Inflammatory remarks removed

must be a good reason for someone shooting you must be a little more to this story than man sitting chatting and accidently due to mistaken identity from 20 metres someone casualty drives past and randomly shoots you. a good watching is what these potential killers need not arrested and locked up if this was to happen or rumoured to be happening soon then the bad guys might need to take a vacation for a few months

must be a good reason for someone shooting you must be a little more to this story than man sitting chatting and accidently due to mistaken identity from 20 metres someone casualty drives past and randomly shoots you. a good watching is what these potential killers need not arrested and locked up if this was to happen or rumoured to be happening soon then the bad guys might need to take a vacation for a few months

eh?

“I don't know these men. My girlfriend and I were talking in front my room when we heard the gun shot." - perhaps the girlfriend knows them????

"we have identified the four men and we are watching them closely" - keep up the good work. biggrin.png

“I don't know these men. My girlfriend and I were talking in front my room when we heard the gun shot." - perhaps the girlfriend knows them????

"we have identified the four men and we are watching them closely" - keep up the good work. biggrin.png

Watching them? Why not arrest them?

Or perhaps waiting to see how much "tea money" will be paid first? whistling.gif

Gun Licenses and eye sight tests might improve aim.

Buy License at Khow sann Rd

Buy stolen army/ police gun expensive.

Price controls needed.