Riding on the First Lane on a Big Bike.

Hi possum,

I have a Forza as well as a 650cc bike and a car. When I ride the Forza, which I really like btw , I keep up with traffic and just use the appropriate lane, if overtaking ,that is the right lane. The Forza has ample power to be ridden with the flow of traffic.

I kinda ride normally without paying attention to the left lane only for bikes bs, and only under exceptional circumstances, or to get a headstart at lights do I use the small bike lane. I hate the slow motion pullaway from lights that is endemic here, even in my truck am way ahead of the snails if I am lucky enough to get the front position.

Don't be timid on the road and let people know of your presence , whilst allowing the fast stuff by of course. Above all, enjoy it, I have met Forzas on the road touring Thailand, I got mine for the Mrs but kinda dig it myself, smooth and easy to ride.

Have fun, PP

Thanks a lot mate, stay safe.

Not forgetting that you might suddenly encounter a queue of traffic in the fast lane waiting to do a u turn at one of the many cleverly laid put u turn exits.

When I was in driving school in Europe we learned one thing: Always drive by sight. Imagine there's a fallen log across the road just out of sight. Don't drive faster than you can brake.

This rule comes in very handy in Thailand, where no matter where you are, quite often there's stopped traffic, or a cleaning truck, or God knows what parked on your lane.

I've found an SUV parked _in_ a left curve once. It was surprising but I've just added it to the list of things that don't surprise me anymore. Of course it's stupid and reckless to park there - but if I hit that guy it's still my fault because either I wasn't paying attention or I was going faster than I can brake.

I've always avoided the scooter lane, and any lane related laws. Never been fined for it. Go where you're most comfortable for your speed.

Not forgetting that you might suddenly encounter a queue of traffic in the fast lane waiting to do a u turn at one of the many cleverly laid put u turn exits.

When I was in driving school in Europe we learned one thing: Always drive by sight. Imagine there's a fallen log across the road just out of sight. Don't drive faster than you can brake.

This rule comes in very handy in Thailand, where no matter where you are, quite often there's stopped traffic, or a cleaning truck, or God knows what parked on your lane.

I've found an SUV parked _in_ a left curve once. It was surprising but I've just added it to the list of things that don't surprise me anymore. Of course it's stupid and reckless to park there - but if I hit that guy it's still my fault because either I wasn't paying attention or I was going faster than I can brake.

I've always avoided the scooter lane, and any lane related laws. Never been fined for it. Go where you're most comfortable for your speed.

Very sensible post, and the main reason why bikes should never exceed the speed limit.