Connection time Suvarnabhumi

Felt 35

2 different tickets? Where are you coming in from? I believe the official connection time is relatively short. But if complications arise, and you have 2 separate tickets, you're stuck. If one ticket, they'll take care of you.

Coming from Helsinki 0715 am with Finnair onto Thai Airways 0830 am, If I not remember wrong from some years ago, luggage go all the way but I have only 1:15 at Suvarnabhumi before next flight with Thai. I guess Immigration eventually will be the problem if long queue.

Depends on what airline you arrive on and what airline you are connecting to. Normally 1 hour to 1 h 30m. Sometimes longer. Its normally wise to pick a connection that exceeds the minimum connection time for stress free travel. If you miss the connection due to the flight being late you will be put on the next available flight with an empty seat which might not be next flight but one 5 hours later or the following day. This is all assuming you have an all in one through ticket.

Two flights booked seperately i would say 3 hours.

Quickest turnaround I've ever managed from International - domestic is 2 hours between landing and takeoff, that even felt tight when booking. Having said that I was very lucky that day - walked from my gate and through immigration with no luggage in 15 minutes from docking, had one hour to spare. You could be ok!

Obviously you need your arrival to be on time, and the line at immigration is a lottery on the day. You can be lucky depending on where your flight docks, usually an airline uses at least the same concourse each time, if its C/D/E it isn't too bad getting to immigration.

Remember also, just because one immigration line is extremely busy, only backed up because a couple of large flights have just come in and the passengers don't know any better, doesn't mean the other immigration area is too. They're not far apart on C concourse.

If your domestic-flight is to another international-airport within Thailand, then you can avoid possible queues at BKK-Immigration by heading for the transfer-Immigration, and only collecting/clearing your hold-luggage at your final domestic destination ? You get a CIQ-sticker to wear, on the domestic-flight.

This would often be faster in Swampy than doing full Immigration there, with baggage-collection & Customs-clearance, before checking-in again.

I believe the current possibilities are Samui, Phuket, ChiangMai, Hat Yai, ChiangRai, but there may be others ? Perhaps Krabi ???

And domestic-airlines are Thai International or Bangkok Airways.