importing motor, help required.

^^^

I suspect it would win a road race with corners involved. It simply can't outrun a built (whether factory or hopped up) performance Chevy in a straight line.

Cheers.

Say what? Not in this lifetime, even an LFA would have trouble with that task. This argument from both sides here is just so way off base it's comical, the Vette has already established itself over anything this side of a Porsche Spider and only a couple of other challengers at a third and sometimes even less cost then anything else at the Nurburgring. You are correct in performance numbers and I was with you until you suggested there is ANY Lexus that can take a current Vette, there just isn't, in a straight line or on a track.

BTW I have a 5.2L Hemi in my ................................. Truck with a straight pipe and it sounds orgasmic, especially when you start it and rumbles to life, I may post it up on a YouTube page if I start a new one, which I'm about to for plenty of reasons but mostly for promotion, I took video/audio of it today.

Edited by WarpSpeed

thanks guys for the input, i think i will go with the Lexus as i did not know it was available here, and having had chev's in australia i am worried about getting one tuned properly in rural Thailand as well as the rather heavy fuel consumption.

also the idea of having to go through the drama of importing a motor and maybe being raped by import duties does not appeal.

i do not need a 6 litre engine , i just want something with a bit more sting than a 4 cylinder diesel currently fitted.

rob