Gel packs for keeping medicine cold in flight?

I have some medicine that needs to remain frozen or very cold on an upcoming flight out of Suvarnabhumi. Does anyone know if gel packs are permitted through security here and if so, where one can buy them? Open to any other ideas as well and wondering if anyone out there has experience with this as it is my first time.

Thanks!

They are no issue in checked baggage (and the hold is often very cold anyway), I suspect there will be issues at security if they are in carry on.

As to purchase location, sorry, no idea :(

"Blue Ice" gel packs are available in Robinson's kitchen department. They just started carrying them this year. Medical supplies can be carried on board with a doctor's script and his letter of explanation, but get it cleared several days in advance with the airline. I wouldn't want to chance losing meds in the cargo hold.

I use frio packs to keep my medicine cool, I bought them from the UK website and they do the job very well. Never had a problem going through security anywhere. I won't put medicine in the hold because it freezes and it damages it.

For carry-ons, it would seem that the 100 mL max per package with a 1 L total for liquid and gels would apply to gel ice packs.

I had some meds once that required refrigeration on a long flight to LAX. The flight attendant was kind enough to keep them for me in the galley fridge.