US condemns Thailand for Uighur deportation

webfact

Since when Thailand has become everyone's dumping ground for Muslim extremists?

It hasn't, what are you talking about? This thread is about some refugees who had escaped religious persecution being sent back to their persecutors. You are the only one who has brought an extreme way of thought to the table.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many countries and organizations are condemning Thailand's handling of this "issue". Unfortunately, experienced diplomats are on the outs here currently, and the Military is driving pretty much everything, with less than desirable results.

The office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees said it was "shocked" and considered Thailand's action "a flagrant violation of international law". Volker Türk, UNHCR's assistant high commissioner for protection, said in a statement.

Yes Turkish is a well know freedon right defender country whistling.gif

You can ask to Kurdish that they think about that !

So the USA, the biggest hypocrites on the planet, self appointed world policeman is at it again. I have said it before and I say it again. Who gives a fyling firetruck what the yanks say. Fix your own problems in your own country before telling everyone else what to do.

So you think the yanks should shut up on the issue. Fair enough. So which countries opinion do you think is worth something on this matter?

Thailand's.

They have the right to say who is allowed into their country. It is not the US's place to tell Thailand which immigrants to allow in. Why didn't the US fly them to America if they cared so much? The US if the 'Land of Immigrants'; not Thailand.

This isn't the issue. The reason behind it is. Appeasing the other bully in the world's schoolyard whilst ignoring basic humanity. As per.

thats funny, why doesnt America stop sending Mexicans back at the border then? is it because they wont face a harsh penalty in Mexico? Glass houses the US is trying to play its Pro muslim card as usual, why didnt they just say okay we will take them?

The US should condemn the people responsible. That would be China, not Thailand.

Fail to see how China is responsible for sending them back?

What did the do "beam them up"?

You miss the point, perhaps deliberately. Thailand is not mistreating these people. It is returning them to the country of their origin. If the Uighurs are being treated unfairly by China, then the US should take that up with China, where there are various options, economic sanctions, diplomatic protests, travel bans, etc. Why isn't the US taking those steps against the perpetrator, instead of the country that is merely returning people who may or may not have violated laws. I know that I sure wouldn't want them living next door to me.

So the USA, the biggest hypocrites on the planet, self appointed world policeman is at it again. I have said it before and I say it again. Who gives a fyling firetruck what the yanks say. Fix your own problems in your own country before telling everyone else what to do.

You can think what you want. Without the US and their blacklists about human trafficking, money laundry and so on, absolute nothing would change in Thailand. I don't know if we need a 'worldpolice'. But then, better the US do the job.

So you think the yanks should shut up on the issue. Fair enough. So which countries opinion do you think is worth something on this matter?

Thailand's.

They have the right to say who is allowed into their country. It is not the US's place to tell Thailand which immigrants to allow in. Why didn't the US fly them to America if they cared so much? The US if the 'Land of Immigrants'; not Thailand.

The same old, tired response from old, tired reactionaries anytime the US makes a statement.

Here is a link describing Thailand's history of ratifying multiple International Human Rights treaties. That effectively makes Thailand accountable on the world stage, and it does not have absolute rights to determine the fate of refugees, assuming Thailand is complying with treaties they have signed. Multiple world organizations have condemmed the action, not only the US.

https://books.google.co.th/books?id=u_K3BAAAQBAJ&pg=PA173&lpg=PA173&dq=thailand+human+rights+ratify&source=bl&ots=M2Y2f5euVp&sig=PB8OM8AM8lH9IN5IWqkD9Fw8LxM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=eZSfVcWPBZChugSDkZYw&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=thailand%20human%20rights%20ratify&f=false

"We urge Thailand to allow those remaining ethnic Uighurs to depart voluntarily to a country of their choice."

Now let me see...I will pick..Singapore....no no....Australia...no no....I know I will choose the US...yipeee, here I come. Whoops!!

Is this what the so called migrant situation has become...gone from being illegal, rule dodging, queue jumpers to people who now have, apparently, the right to choose the country in which they will settle?

"Thailand strongly dismissed its accusation of forced deportation saying it had strictly complied with its international commitment with regards to humanitarian and human rights and freedom."

Then perhaps a reassessment of its "international commitments" is required.

Sounds like Thailand has avoided its responsibilities on a technicality. They weren't claiming asylum because they were claiming to have come from Turkey and not China so Thailand was able to just class them as illegal immigrants and return them to China on the basis that China had identified them as coming from there.

Many countries and organizations are condemning Thailand's handling of this "issue". Unfortunately, experienced diplomats are on the outs here currently, and the Military is driving pretty much everything, with less than desirable results.

The office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees said it was "shocked" and considered Thailand's action "a flagrant violation of international law". Volker Türk, UNHCR's assistant high commissioner for protection, said in a statement.

Yes Turkish is a well know freedon right defender country whistling.gif

You can ask to Kurdish that they think about that !

FWIW, his name is Volker Türk. I think he is German.

How is this any different from US, UK, Astralia or any country that processed, denied, and sent back bunch of Chinese asylum seekers who claimed their lives will be danger if they were deported back.

How is this any different from US, UK, Astralia or any country that processed, denied, and sent back bunch of Chinese asylum seekers who claimed their lives will be danger if they were deported back.

As far as know, from a little research, only 1 other country has deported Urghurs back to China. That was Cambodia, who deport 20 in 1990, an action which resulted in worldwide condemnation, very much like Thailand is experiencing at present.

Our beloved Leader just announced his opinion to this refugees.

Are you ready? Sure?

Prayuth likens Uighur refugees to breeding animals

Speaking to the media about the deportation of Uighur Muslims to China yesterday, Prime Minister Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha likened them to animals Thailand was best being rid of before they bred “three litters of offspring.”

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/07/10/prayuth-likens-uighur-refugees-breeding-animals

The US should mind their business. Illegal immigrants should always be sent back to where they came from. Otherwise Billions of illegal immigrants will seek to richer countries. Why do the US itself not just open for free immigration for all??? Then all illegal immigrant problems in the world would be solved!!!

You can think what you want. Without the US and their blacklists about human trafficking, money laundry and so on, absolute nothing would change in Thailand. I don't know if we need a 'worldpolice'. But then, better the US do the job.

Yippee Kai Hey!

It's ok for the US to eliminate, torture and incarcerate without trial because they're the good guys defending democracy, justice and apple pie.

They'd never lie, follow their own agenda and any "mistake" would be acceptable collateral. rolleyes.gif

How about USA takes them instead.

"There are around 10 million Uighurs in China’s northwest Xinjiang region and many say they face cultural and religious repression."

USA is also doing a kind of cultural and religious repression fighting ISIS.....

In the exercise of their perverted view of Islam, ISIS posts videos of their execution of hundreds captured soldiers on the internet, massacres those it considers non-believers, and sells non-Muslim women into slavery. That is a culture and religious belief that someone needs to repress, don't you think?

Yes of course.....so why do they condemn Thailand for not inviting the same kind of religious belief?

A bit of topic: In my country a refugee Chechnya got asylum who lost his both hands by terrorist bomb making. They gave him a house (as he had 8 or 9 children) and money and payments for the kids. Everything without work. Of course he didn't allow his wife to work.

2 years later the police took him because he was planning other bomb attacks.

Thailand is just saying "no thank you" to people who believe their invisible friend too much. USA is condemning it...OK so why don't they take them if they love them. Condemning Thailand but doing the same themself is cheap.

Since when Thailand has become everyone's dumping ground for Muslim extremists?

It hasn't, what are you talking about? This thread is about some refugees who had escaped religious persecution being sent back to their persecutors. You are the only one who has brought an extreme way of thought to the table.

No......if you get persecuted for your skin color I am the first to help, but they choose their religion themself. If they decide to have an invisible friend who makes rules that brakes the law than this is their own problem.

And funny enough countries that have the same religion also don't want to save them, why is that? Why from Malaysia to Saudi Arabia no one want them? Because they are trouble maker.

"Forced deportation" ? Shouldn,t this read "repatriation" ? The uighurs are trouble. Who could not condemn whipping out a bunch of swords and hacking many totally innocent people to death on a railway platform ? I do believe this falls under the general heading of terrorism, an act that our muslim friends are becoming quite adept at.

Can't wait for the Thai governments announcement that they don't understand why they are ranked so low on the human rights list of the US, or any other country in the world for that matter.

So where is the US on his own list bearing in mind they kidnapp people all over the world, throw them in secrets jails, torture them and send them to Quantanamo without ever seen a lawer or judge?

Hey man...when you have the world's largest "pseudo" economy...maintain currency control through the US dollar...export covert operations on countries who have denounced US aggression...then you feel exceptional and privileged to speak with authority on other countries problems...wai2.gif

Thailand's.

The same old, tired response from old, tired reactionaries anytime the US makes a statement.

Here is a link describing Thailand's history of ratifying multiple International Human Rights treaties. That effectively makes Thailand accountable on the world stage, and it does not have absolute rights to determine the fate of refugees, assuming Thailand is complying with treaties they have signed. Multiple world organizations have condemmed the action, not only the US.

https://books.google.co.th/books?id=u_K3BAAAQBAJ&pg=PA173&lpg=PA173&dq=thailand+human+rights+ratify&source=bl&ots=M2Y2f5euVp&sig=PB8OM8AM8lH9IN5IWqkD9Fw8LxM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=eZSfVcWPBZChugSDkZYw&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=thailand%20human%20rights%20ratify&f=false

it does not have absolute rights to determine the fate of refugees

Who said Thailand was determining the fate of those illegal immigrants? Those Uighurs' fates are determined by Karma, Thailand only had a little part to play in their fate. Thailand never invited them to 'escape' to Thailand. Hopefully the word will spread so that future illegal immigrants choose a more pliable country than Thailand to 'escape' to.

There's a fine line between persecution and prosecution. Man Haron Monis claimed he was being persecuted in Iran - Iran said he faced prosecution.

With 20/20 hindsight sending him home for prosecution would have been a fine idea.

It would have been nice if you had included a link to who Man Haron Monis is/was. I had to look him up before I gave you a 'like'.

Man Haron Monis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_Haron_Monis

It never ceases to amaze me how some TV support Thailand regardless of any wrong doing. You embarrass yourselves. As a native UK living here for many years, I criticize the UK when they do stupid things and I accept it. Why can't some posters here do the same for Thailand when they clearly are doing things that are non conducive to their image? At the moment with the way things are here in Thailand, the country needs to be seen in a positive light by the rest of the modern world. News like this doesn't help.

It never ceases to amaze me how some TV members condemn Thailand regardless if they have been proven to be wrong. You embarrass yourselves. As a native of the US, I defend the US when they are being stupidly attacked and accept they are not perfect. Why can't some posters do the same for Thailand when, clearly, they are doing things that are non-conducive to their image (though not illegal)? At the moment, with the way things are here in Thailand, the country needs to be seen in a positive light by the rest of the modern world. News like this doesn't help.

The problem is not with Thailand - it is with China for persecuting these people. How about the USA - not that it anything at all to do with them - pointing their condemnation in the right direction.

They did point quite a bit at the Chinese government, but the deportation is being done by the Thai government. Wouldn't that be who you condemn for it?

There's a fine line between persecution and prosecution. Man Haron Monis claimed he was being persecuted in Iran - Iran said he faced prosecution.

With 20/20 hindsight sending him home for prosecution would have been a fine idea.

It would have been nice if you had included a link to who Man Haron Monis is/was. I had to look him up before I gave you a 'like'.

Man Haron Monis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_Haron_Monis

Sorry for the inconvenience, but the name is recognisable to most Oz citizens as the perfect example of the flaws in our acceptance of so-called "refugees".

thats funny, why doesnt America stop sending Mexicans back at the border then? is it because they wont face a harsh penalty in Mexico? Glass houses the US is trying to play its Pro muslim card as usual, why didnt they just say okay we will take them?

The only "penalty" that Mexicans deported from the US face is being back in Mexico.

Care to give some references for this claim, so we don't think you're making it up?