IQ 9.1 or IQ 9.2?

ryanhull

Hi All,

I have had a IQ 9.1 and had nothing but problems with it but partly due to myself dropping it repeatedly seems to have given up on me, but I found it a good phone apart from it would do random things like call people etc with no button pressed!

I have a mate who is offering me the IQ 9.2 for 2000 bhat, but I am wondering what is the better phone the IQ 9.1 or the IQ 9.2?

I see little difference comparing them, all that seems better is the chip in the IQ 9.2?

Also on the specs it says the IQ 9.1 has 1gb ram yet when I view my phones specs within android it says 512mb?

I am thinking the IQ 9.2 is slightly better and newer but I might be wrong?

Cheers

Well I'll answer my own question here now i got the IQ 9.2 its a much nicer phone... Screen is bigger and more responsive and the whole phone runs much faster I think due to the better chip. Not much between the two on paper but there is in reality. 9.2 is a great phone for the money my faith in imobile has been restored... Cheers

Yeah agreed bigger than the 9.1 but lighter... Also the 9.1 you cannot replace the battery like on the 9.2 ... Out of interest how much are the battery's for these? Might get a second battery, I've been using this on the WiFi doing all sorts for hours and only used 40% which isn't too bad.. Cheers

Yeah agreed bigger than the 9.1 but lighter... Also the 9.1 you cannot replace the battery like on the 9.2 ... Out of interest how much are the battery's for these? Might get a second battery, I've been using this on the WiFi doing all sorts for hours and only used 40% which isn't too bad.. Cheers

Rather than buying a 2nd phone battery, consider one of the newly popular power packs...much more versatile. Models with 3000 to 6000 mAh can be purchased at most IT areas in shopping malls for less than B300, probably less than half what the phone battery would cost.

My 3000 mAh model is about the size of a candy bar and can be used on many different devices via micro USB.

Edited by dddave

• 2 weeks later...

My iq 9.1 has decided to turn on today for some reason, so I now have both 9.1 and a 9.2.... in my experience the 9.2 is a nicer phone but for some random reason the 9.1 gets far better signal when connected to wifi... I can tell this from the skype calls and online speed tests but yeah the 9.2 is deffo the nicer phone and seems to take more of a beating, I go through phones like an idiot and if a phone survives in my pocket its a good phone lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice bright 6" screen and after I rooted it and removed all the shit and made a few adjustments its surprisingly quick

Can you please elaborate on this? I have similar problem with my phone and laptop as well, comes with plenty of programs, many of them probably crap, some I know I will never need and can delete, but for others I'm not sure.

Elaborate on 'rooting', or 'how to root the IQ phone, or what 'system applications' (that normally can't be deleted) can be deleted off of it once rooted?

Android devices seem to run better/quicker with fewer applications installed, mostly due to many installed applications having tasks that run in the background even when they're not in use. Installing multiple Social Media and Communication apps, as well as apps that want to deliver 'notifications' will all have an impact on speed/responsiveness and battery life at they need to keep a portion of the application alive to monitor for activity.

As for your laptop, that's probably a different OS and the question needs to be asked in a separate topic/thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Elaborate on 'rooting', or 'how to root the IQ phone, or what 'system applications' (that normally can't be deleted) can be deleted off of it once rooted?

What system applications (that normally can't be deleted) can be deleted off of it once rooted?

I would even a pay a reasonable price for someone to check my phone and laptop for stuff that slows it down and which I don't need and talks me through the process (I would be able to understand the steps, but can't perform it myself).

Edited by ChristianPFC

In this instance I would recommend googling for user support forums specific to each device and see what each forum pops up.

Find the topics for removing bloatware, or speeding up the device, and read what people are recommending, the Pros/Cons, the how-to.

Each device is going to be different.

I just picked up an i-mobile IQ II 'android one' phone that gets its bare version of android directly from Google. Even then, it came with some 3rd-party apps placed in the system partition (so can't be directly removed). I could 'root' the phone but then that breaks the automatic update process that google uses to magically update the phone with the early release version of the android OS, leaving me to have to learn how to do it manually (if at all). Pros and Cons.

I also just upgraded my Acer Laptop to Windows 10 then reinstalled to convert it from 32-bit to 64-bit OS (as I added memory beyond the base 2GB). Lots of reading of forums as I ran into many many many issues that each stopped either the installation or boot process cold. Each issue was resolved, but finding the answer among the sea of whining and finger-pointing can sometimes be daunting, and extremely tiring. Luckily this is a bare-bones version of the OS, so no crapware to uninstal (well, other than Cortana).

Anyway, device specific forums.

Also, manufacturer support forums are good too, but they also tend to censor/delete posted information that 3rd-party forums might allow.

google: {Manufacturer}, {Model Number} Forum

(with the word 'forum' appended at the end you'll hopefully increase your chance of finding diverse discussion, rather than some blog or magazine article)