University Selection Help

santhosh

Hi Friends, I am Santhosh from India. I have applied for Masters in Environmental in Thailand at Mahidol University and Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology,Thammasat university. I have got admission in both of the universities. I will be very thanful to you friends if anyone can suggest me which is the better one among both and after studying in which University I have chances of getting a job in Environemntal Field.

plz help me friends as this is a very crucial decison.

Thanks for your help before hand.

If you want to get a job in India or anywhere else in this world, both choices are bad.

If you want to get a job in Thailand, since you are a foreigner, it does not matter,...

If you were Thai, Thammasat has maybe a higher status.

Hi Bluecat...thankyou for your advise it was helpful..leaving the job perspective how about the quality of education..is Mahidol good or Sirindhorn International institute...and how about the cost of living in Thailand..I want to settle down in Thailand permanantly after I caome there..wht do u say..can I get a job in Thailand for Environmental Management/Technology...Please suggest me.

Hi Friends, I am Santhosh from India. I have applied for Masters in Environmental in Thailand at Mahidol University and Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology,Thammasat university. I have got admission in both of the universities. I will be very thanful to you friends if anyone can suggest me which is the better one among both and after studying in which University I have chances of getting a job in Environemntal Field.

Thammasat and Mahidol are the most prestigious. On another thread you already said you were going to go to Mahidol.

(santhosh @ Fri 2004-04-02, 17:42:38)

Thammasat and Mahidol are the most prestigious. On another thread you already said you were going to go to Mahidol.

I agree that these two plus Chulalongkorn are the most prestigious. My experience is that in European, USA and Australian terms the standards are very undemanding here in Thailand. The idea is to get the bit of paper so that as a Thai you are that bit higher on the social/work scale than the rest. Failure is virtualy unheard of (this is my experience). So if the bit of paper is of any use to you in India - good luck. But don't pin your hopes too high on getting a job here in Thailand with or without the Masters degree.