Man survives fall from 17th floor balcony in Chile (VIDEO)

webfact

Man survives fall from 17th floor balcony in Chile - CCTV
The moment Sebastian Reyes lost his balance and came crashing down onto a garage roof 17 stories below was captured by CCTV cameras

CHILE: -- Sebastián Reyes is lucky to be alive. The 23-year-old fell 17 stories - around 40 meters - after losing his balance on an apartment balcony and toppling over the rail.

Security cameras in the building recorded the moment he came crashing straight through the roof of a garage below.

His fall was broken by a parked car, which absorbed some of the impact, saving his life.
Amazingly, the young man only fractured his thigh and pelvis in the fall.

Despite losing consciousness, Mr Reyes did not suffer any head injuries. He was taken to hospital and is now recovering in a wheelchair.

Full story: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/chile/11773154/Man-survives-fall-from-17th-floor-balcony-in-Chile-CCTV.html

-- The Telegraph 2015-07-31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctRhHDobnZI

INCREDIBLE! Man Falls from the 17th Floor and Survives in Chile (RAW CCTV)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01rF7m6LvwY

>When asked in a TV interview how he managed to survive, Mr Reyes showed a

>tattoo on his arm with the inscription: "God, don't abandon me."

I gotta get one of those tattoos...

...then start diving off balconies for a proper rush.

This happened in the UK. I remember the story in the paper. It happened in Salford. The guy was trying to kill himself and he landed directly on top of a car which crumpled and absorbed the impact. The guy was able to walk away! He didn't want to be interviewed by the press. It might have been in the early 80's.

I wonder what happened to him.

Edited by Briggsy

And the moral of the story for those in Thailand - the next time you're chucked off a balcony, aim for a parked car. coffee1.gif

I note you said chucked off maybe that is what mainly happens in Thailand when the chucked person has been taken to the cleaners or some one found out his will details or the ex wants back in with the his young in the money now lady or girl friendwhistling.gif

This happened in the UK. I remember the story in the paper. It happened in Salford. The guy was trying to kill himself and he landed directly on top of a car which crumpled and absorbed the impact. The guy was able to walk away! He didn't want to be interviewed by the press. It might have been in the early 80's.

maybe car was made with vibranium adamantium alloy that can absorb all kinetic energy & transfers very little of it from each impact? biggrin.png

Yeah, I wonder, great story...........What's your point?