Tb Test / Medical Needed For Uk Immigration ?

TerraceWag

Hi,

Travelling to UK next month with my Thai fiance. I have her visa sorted already, that was pretty swift, but do I need to get a medical certificate to show on arrival in England too ? I heard that a TB screening is needed maybe, and would rather get it here than let her be led away for testing by some surly immigration official back home !

Any info on this much appreciated,

Cheers, TW.

Sorry ! Going for 3 week trip only, not staying long-term.

Edited by TerraceWag

Hi,

Travelling to UK next month with my Thai fiance. I have her visa sorted already, that was pretty swift, but do I need to get a medical certificate to show on arrival in England too ? I heard that a TB screening is needed maybe, and would rather get it here than let her be led away for testing by some surly immigration official back home !

Any info on this much appreciated,

Cheers, TW.

Sorry ! Going for 3 week trip only, not staying long-term.

Hi TW,

For a visit, your fiance does not nedd TB screening - that is required for settlement only.

:o

Hi,

Hi TW,

For a visit, your fiance does not nedd TB screening - that is required for settlement only.

:D

็Hi TW

Not sure about above statement, when my wife first visited UK on a 6 month visitors visa, she had to undergo a TB test at LHR even tho at the time there was no intention of settling in the UK.

Anyway test was no big deal.

TBWG :o