Air con remote control

n210mp

Just for info purposes

My AC in the shed must be getting on a bit and despite repairing the remote control a couple of times in the past it died a few weeks ago

Went to the market at the top of Soi Nernplabwan this morning (Saturday), the one in the temple grounds and there is a chap who was selling TV remotes ETC

I asked him if he had an AC remote for a Panasonic AC, yes he said 350 Baht with Batteries.

I offered him 300 and he agreed

As I paid him he gave me a card with his name and phone number and said if I have any problem give him a ring.

Couldn't wait to test the RC and it worked 100%

He had remotes for all the common ACs so I think that its worth a visit to him if like me you were not wanting to pay silly money for the official ones

Hope this is of interest to someone

A thought full POST, and helpful to some. I had this problem in The past and found replaceable remotes in Tuk Com in the shop across from the Tops Supermarket. Later on I found that most of the Thai, Hardware, electrical and electronic shops carry them prices range from 200 to 350.

I was in Amorn yesterday fixing a TV remote I dropped on the floor. It took them two minutes and the cheeky engineer tried to bill me 200 baht before dropping to 100 & then 50 baht.

I did point out that they were selling the same remote new for just 120 baht.

I knew about the shop in Tukcom and all the others mentioned on TV F threads but I just hate going into central pattaya

The reason I posted this thread was that I thought that there maybe people like me who have a similar problem and could stay on the North side of Sukhumvit to find one

If you see your remote is about to die, you can order a new one

from China for very cheap on sites like AliExpress, BangGood, ...

Example for an "universal" aircon remote : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Universal-LCD-A-C-Muli-Remote-Control-Controller-for-Air-Condition-Conditioner/32276494956.html

~100 baht, port included smile.png

Mine died a few years ago. Didn't last very long. Got a new one from the manufacturer. I think it was 800B.

Can these other remotes also do the timed start/stop? I quite like that feature.

Great post. Thanks!!

If you see your remote is about to die, you can order a new one

from China for very cheap on sites like AliExpress, BangGood, ...

Example for an "universal" aircon remote : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Universal-LCD-A-C-Muli-Remote-Control-Controller-for-Air-Condition-Conditioner/32276494956.html

~100 baht, port included smile.png

Yes it has the timer thinghy as well Craig

Pattaya46

I think that the one I got yesterday is from the same source, if I didn't get one locally then I would have tried alibaba but for 300 Baht and the batteries and fully tested before I went away from the stall I'm not complaining

Bought Stuff before from Alibaba and lasada and although they are normally OK there is an inherent risk in dealing with them for 100% satisfaction, also there is usually a wait of at least a month or so in getting for the product and then it could be the wrong model or type so to be able to go to the market and buy the same thing must be much more practical and effective

• 1 month later...

Just for info purposes

My AC in the shed must be getting on a bit and despite repairing the remote control a couple of times in the past it died a few weeks ago

Went to the market at the top of Soi Nernplabwan this morning (Saturday), the one in the temple grounds and there is a chap who was selling TV remotes ETC

I asked him if he had an AC remote for a Panasonic AC, yes he said 350 Baht with Batteries.

I offered him 300 and he agreed

As I paid him he gave me a card with his name and phone number and said if I have any problem give him a ring.

Couldn't wait to test the RC and it worked 100%

He had remotes for all the common ACs so I think that its worth a visit to him if like me you were not wanting to pay silly money for the official ones

Hope this is of interest to someone

Thanks for this. I'm not very familiar with that soi (i know its basically to the East of Klang), could you provide some more directions to this market?

Any update on this topic? I'm looking for a remote for a Yashima aircon but cannot find it anywhere. I have been to Amorn but they don't have it.

Give that up as a lost cause. I had been looking for over 2 years. Apparently Yashima came to Thailand for a very short time with very low prices, and then disappeared. Even the ones remotes you program yourself does not work on them. The only way to get one is if you have or can find another Yashima remote and you can clone it - the cloneable remotes cost about 500 baht, and I did have a guy who had one that worked but he wanted 2000 baht for it. Well it is in a room that we don't use so decided not to bother.

As for Air Remotes, I always go to a shop on Pattaya Nua - not far after 3rd road. It seems to be the place that a lot of the aircon boys around town use, and is cheaper than Amorn. They also readily will order stuff for you with little fuss - highly recommend them. ITs called P Tech

air.jpg

Edited by boldface

An old thread but this contains some specific information about Yashima remotes, and several suggestions:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/570048-help-please-air-conditioner-remote-not-working/

I would be very surprised if a universal or learning remote did not work (when used properly) as few aircon manufacturers seem to make their own remotes: they just buy them in and maybe get the cover design changed a bit.

Moral: do not buy air-condtidioner brands that sound like a sort of raw fish dish.

I've tried 4 different universal remotes with my dud Yashima air con, patiently going through each and every number. Digging a bit, Yashima (which makes industrial air products) was in a JV with Denki, who is now with Sanyo instead. The remote part in the aircons might either be from a commercial unit, hence the universal for household not working, or just as likely now defunct. If you know anyone with a working remote for them, find them, get a remote clone from it.