Soliders In Chang Mai?

austallia_1980

Yes, there are soldiers in Chiang Mai. There are many bases here and soldiers can be found at most major intersections. It is a very benign presence IMO. Yesterday my girlfriend visited one group in Mae Rim and brought them flowers and fruit, which trhey seemed to appreciate. They also seem to know they are well supported by the citizenry.

There was comment in the News section of TV on the fact that they're not sporting yellow ribbons.

Has anyone seen soldiers with yellow ribbons ? If not, why not ? (Take care not to breach regulations).

I suspect it is not the soldiers themselves but the citizens giving the ribbons to them. Since it is a Thaksin threshold, maybe fewer willing to do that.

Edited by tywais

woo, I like this topic.

I went to downtown today, Bangkok. I saw soldiers in a bridge and some intersections.

Annnnd, I found Royal Thai Navy Headquater. hehe. The navy are in gray. One of them was veryy handsome and has a very nice figure. hehe.

Now I am trying to look for some tanks in Bangkok. Anyone knows where? I'll be appreciated. I am going to see them on Thu. Hope the tanks are still there.

Plenty of sodiers...but NO POLICE

Anyone know why?

Two almost hit me on a motorcycle last night.

They are around. :o

Maybee they have been confined to their stations while the Army run things here, but I have not seen one since the coup.

The one's that nearly bumped you were more than likely on their way to 7/11 for frsh supplies of beer :D