65 illegal migrant workers arrested in Chiang Mai

webfact

65 illegal migrant workers arrested in Chiang Mai

BANGKOK, 26 August 2015 (NNT) - Border patrol police officers have arrested 65 Cambodian illegal migrant workers in Chiang Mai province. Their brokers have been interrogated by local police and administrative officers.

The officers made the arrest after they were notified that a group of illegal migrant workers were staying at an empty school in Mae Taeng district. All 65 illegal migrant workers, later identified as Cambodian people, and their brokers were interrogated by Chiang Mai immigration and police officers.

The officers found that the illegal migrant workers were brought to Chiang Mai by the brokers from Chanthaburi province. They have stayed at the school since 12 August 2015 to pick longan in Mae Taeng district. Both the illegal migrant workers and brokers will face legal charges.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-08-26 footer_n.gif

Why are there illegal migrants in Chiang Mai province ?

because no thai would want to work for 100 baht a day or maybe less sad.png

What the police has to do ?

Simple , require employers to pay their WP that allow them to work legally in Thailand and have an income of 300 baht each day .

When there is no work at home, I suppose 100B a day is better than 0B a day?

The local Immigration police here have sporadic 'round ups' of Cambodian and Burmese workers and one rather pretty officer explained that it was futile as they'll back in a few days. She told me they'll take them back to Cambodia/Burma but they'll just 'turn around' and head right back.

The rummy thing was that as they lined up the poor 'migrants' on the pavement, two tables away was sat a German bloke who I know is on an (at least) 3 yr OS (but that's not my affair).

So brokers bring workers in, promising them jobs, and the foreign workers get arrested, while the Thai brokers get....questioned.

Another step in several different directions for this no-sense government.

Well undone!

Yes, welcome to Thailand

Everybody wants a better future, poor illegal immigrants works here for so less, i understand they are illegal and charges can be filed, but haven't read any where that the ring leaders or the broker got exploratory punishment for human trafficking.

No no no poor migrant workers ... You have to remember to pay the promised amount every week/month opposite Promenada - the officers is waiting to get so they can support their mia noi ... bah.gif

I guess these migrant workers have never heard of calling 1111 but then again that dosent work either ...

Edited by Kannikapor88