Government sets out five missions to kick-start the economy

Lite Beer

Government sets out five missions to kick-start the economy

8-28-2015-10-08-17-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha outlined five major economic missions that his government is determined to carry out to kick-start the sputtering economic engine.

The first mission, said the prime minister, is to help ease the hardships of the farmers and the low income-earners so that they can struggle through the economic hard time.

The second mission, he said, is to strengthen the local and regional economy. The mission entails the development of 76 provinces which will form the basis for job creations and increasing the income of the local populace, he added.

The third mission calls for the upgrading of the quality of locally-made products which includes improved packaging for farm products, adding value to goods and new innovations and development of human resources.

Promotion of investments for mega projects to lay the foundation for economic future of the country is listed as the fourth mission. This includes setting up of special economic zones and investment in infrastructure projects to connect regions together.

The prime minister said that industrial investment and development would focus on cluster development and investment.

The last mission, said the prime minister, is to promote foreign investment and international trade and to maintain good relations with the other countries.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/government-sets-out-five-missions-to-kick-start-the-economy

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-29

"The first mission, said the prime minister, is to help ease the hardships of the farmers and the low income-earners so that they can struggle through the economic hard time." I think they can struggle through the hard times without the government lending a hand.

What about making it easier for farang to own and operate a small or medium business in LOS? I want to expand my Aussie business into Asean in a farang friendly country. There's 25 + million baht just to start.

What about allowing a farang to own one rai of land to build the family home on? I'd pump 6 or 7 million baht into that alone.

Maybe those thing will be announced in the coming weeks!

The kick start mechanicals are broken, meanwhile will a Pink Bentley do to kick start the economy, much talk as usual and can be filed along with all the other like Flood mitigation programme , trading in wildlife parts , improved education for the masses, improved police force , human trafficking improvement ,infrastructure projects at advanced stage , Improved water supply , more TAT promises, the price of lotto tickets, DCA audit improved What ??? the list is endless. cheesy.gif

"The first mission, said the prime minister, is to help ease the hardships of the farmers and the low income-earners so that they can struggle through the economic hard time." I think they can struggle through the hard times without the government lending a hand.

What about making it easier for farang to own and operate a small or medium business in LOS? I want to expand my Aussie business into Asean in a farang friendly country. There's 25 + million baht just to start.

What about allowing a farang to own one rai of land to build the family home on? I'd pump 6 or 7 million baht into that alone.

China announced today they are easing their foreign property investment rules to help revive their flagging economy so who knows? Wouldn't bet on it though. China big country with less attractive property market. Thailand much smaller and uber nationalistic.

Will they ever wake up ? If a farang was allowed to own a small piece of land for house building purposes only, i am sure that the economy would see am immediate boost.

It would be a good kick start to identify and hire experts capable to do these jobs...

Well, Field Marshall Prayut just "re-shuffled" the cabinet, sure it's now even more top-heavy with Military types but surely he's chosen the "best and the brightest" on offer in Thailand?

in short

1 : new rice scam ?
2 : tought there was already a lack of labour, what they going to invent ? more facebook time ?
3 : oh no, OTOP round 23 ... human resources, do they mean more slave labour ? they are cost effective !
4 : investment from japan or china ... as they cannot build anything themselves
5 : maybe time to let the farang own his company & house 100% (never going to happen)