Need apartment soon

sbaker8688

Moving to Bangkok this week from Chiangmai. I've tried to get an apartment remotely, by calling or emailing places I've stayed before, but everything is either all booked up, or I can't get people to respond back to me (probably because everything is all booked-up).

A few things:

- I don't care the area so much, although the more centrally-located the better I guess, but I do require to be within walking distance of BTS or MRT.

- I don't particularly care for huge high-rises full of noisy thais, where the staff speaks no english, etc. The last few times I've stayed in Bangkok I've stayed in what I call "shophouse apartments" - old 4-story shophouses which were converted to apartments, usually 2-3 rooms per floor. That's the kind of thing I'd like to have, if possible.

- Decent internet. Good enough to stream a video from youtube would be fine.

- Aircon mandatory, refridge would be nice.

I'd appreciate ideas, links to websites, etc.

Thanks.

You make a post stating you need an apartment but fail to tell us how long you need it for or how much you will pay.

Not too surprised you are struggling.

Incidentally in a PM between myself and the OP he said he is willing to wait until Spurs at least win a game in the prem league this season before he commits to price and duration.

Make of that what you will.

EDIT:

- Would like to pay $7500 or less.

- The amount of time I will be there is up in the air at the moment. Could be up to 6 months. For the right place I might bite the bullet and sign a 6 month contract, but would prefer a month-to-month if I could get one, or a 3-month and then renegotiate after that.

Edited by sbaker8688

You make a post stating you need an apartment but fail to tell us how long you need it for or how much you will pay.

Incidentally in a PM between myself and the OP he said he is willing to wait until Spurs at least win a game in the prem league this season before he commits to price and duration.

Well I see he has a Wet Spam price range so I'll let you continue to help him.

Good luck with the 7500 Baht a month search! :D

Some buildings not far from the On Nut BTS on Sukhumvit 77 start around B6000, furnished. Less that a six month lease might be a problem.

Doing rooms online is tough. Suggest you spend a week in a hotel and walk the neighborhoods that appeal to you. Most buildings have phone numbers posted somewhere obvious.

Udom Suk, a few stops farther on the BTS also has a lot of rooms available...good neighborhood for food.

No he quoted U.S. Dollars.

No he quoted U.S. Dollars.

Bwahahaha we both know the truth.