Bangkok blast suspect Yusufu Mieraili to reenact his crime

webfact

Ratchaprasong blast suspect to reenact his crime today

rp.jpg

BANGKOK, 8 September 2015 - The Royal Thai Police will have one of the Ratchaprasong blast suspects reenact his crime today.

Royal Thai Police Spokesperson Police Lieutenant General Prawut Thawornsiri said one of the suspects, Yusufu Mieraili, will reenact the crime after being arrested for illegally possessing explosive materials.

Security forces detained Mr. Mieraili in Sa Kaeo province for seven days. He will be accompanied by police officers to four locations he visited prior to the blast.

They include an apartment and a house in Minburi district, as well as Hua Lamphong Train Station and the BTS skywalk in front of CentralWorld. The Royal Thai Police are seeking additional arrest warrants, after Mr. Mieraili implicated two other suspects.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-08 footer_n.gif

Ridiculous waste of time and money. I have seen re-enactments done when a crime is unsolved, to try and jog the public memory, but when suspects have already confessed it is pointless, and more likely an attempt to implant belief in the eyes of the public that a man is guilty.

In the KT case they showed a video of the re-enactment in court. That nonsense should be inadmissable and would be considered, I would guess, damaging to to the outcome of the trial.

Yeah and how long will these "re-enactments" take? It will take them all day most of it will simply be getting stuck in traffic on Ramindra road in Minburi heading to Hua Lam Pong station and by the end of the day the policemen will be saying "neauy laew klab baan dee kwa" เหนื่อยแล้ว กลับบ้านดีกว่า" "we're tired now, let's go home" and continue the sherade the next day.

As anyone who lives or visits Bangkok knows, never schedule more than 1 or 2 appointments in different locations on the same day. The traffic will be a killer. You'll never make it.

Ahh, the long awaited photo op for the top brass in the RTP.

Indeed but will they have it outside 'huge knockers' on Nana Plaza again?
I don't know, I thought their last photo op outside "Suckers" was entirely appropriate. Edited by MZurf

I don't know, I thought their last photo op outside "Suckers" was entirely appropriate.

I still haven't seen this pic, any links perchance?

Ah, I have found it, and it is truly delightful.

Edited by Rykbanlor

I don't know, I thought their last photo op outside "Suckers" was entirely appropriate.

Delightful doesn't describe it.

Delightful doesn't describe it.

Photo Link ??

What a way to waste tax payers money.... sad.png

They will need thousands of police to secure those areas for a useless reconstruction to a crime hes already confessed to so they can get their faces on TV......

they have thousands of police ready at all times to block the streets for motorcades , so its not going to cost much and its good entertainment for the masses

What a way to waste tax payers money.... sad.png

They will need thousands of police to secure those areas for a useless reconstruction to a crime hes already confessed to so they can get their faces on TV......

they have thousands of police ready at all times to block the streets for motorcades , so its not going to cost much and its good entertainment for the masses

Royal family motorcades are not the same as this exercise in stupidity ....

Would you feel like this is entertainment to everyone who lost someone?

Wasteful and insensitive are just some of the words I would use to describe it, police and army and maybe a swat team and a few dozen journalists and a crowd of slack jawed yokels gazing at someone who is going to put a bag on the ground and walk away just like the cctv footage but this time in high definition ......

Hang on there one moment. This is a bomb builder right , not the bomber in the yellow T. When he is caught ( possibly ) and taken along to Erawan Shrine all those BiB with some of the 3 mill. Baht in there pockets ................picture it The BiBs with their eyes closed and fingers in their ears and the perp pointing. Priceless.