Tv For 19yo Thai Girl

It seems from what posters in this thread have stated through their own experiences, that not much importance is placed on how long you have known the tourist visa applicant.

Xerostar just one month, Aussiestyle1983 two months.

This should serve as a confidence booster for the OP.

It doesn't mean however, that other areas of the application won't be scrutinised by the Embassy, so there still remains a need for each application to be well balanced, exhibit honesty and sincerety.

It won't hurt for the applicant (and sponsor) to provide written assurance/s that all conditions of the tourist visa will be adhered to.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I have known her for about 1 month and I took her to BKK with her mama to get a passport last week and she has a 18 month old babie but the babie will remain in Thailand while she comes for a 3 month holiday.....

I doubt you will get a visa for your g/f as they want to see a 6-month relationship at a minimum.

Dring that 6 months, take plenty of photo's, keep your phone bills and a copy of every email that you have sent to her.

The Embassy say they want to see a minimum of one phone call a week, however, I think more regular is better than that.

Remember also you will need to show you have the means to support her. That means that you will need to have a minimum of 3,000 in the bank. You will also need to have a letter from your Employer or Accountant showing you have income.

Good luck and I hope it all works.

The only other way would be to book her a package holiday and let the travel agent and their Visa people have the problem.

...I have known her for about 1 month and I took her to BKK with her mama to get a passport last week and she has a 18 month old babie but the babie will remain in Thailand while she comes for a 3 month holiday.....

I doubt you will get a visa for your g/f as they want to see a 6-month relationship at a minimum.

Agree

Dring that 6 months, take plenty of photo's, keep your phone bills and a copy of every email that you have sent to her.

Agree

The Embassy say they want to see a minimum of one phone call a week, however, I think more regular is better than that.

Never heard of this before, I certainly dont ring my girl that often

Remember also you will need to show you have the means to support her. That means that you will need to have a minimum of 3,000 in the bank. You will also need to have a letter from your Employer or Accountant showing you have income.

If you are sponsoring her for a tourist visa, then you only need to show income, not savings

Good luck and I hope it all works.

The only other way would be to book her a package holiday and let the travel agent and their Visa people have the problem.

I think that you should think very carefully about what you are doing and what you are committing yourself to. You have known the girl for such a short period and no doubt you are completely smitten with her -well, that may or may not be a good thing and it is probably clouding your perspective on the issue at hand.

You don't need any commitment between the two of you to sponser someone for a tourist visa.

However, you need to put yourself in the position of the Australian Embassy:There are 2 main criteria they look at;

1. Can you fully support her while she is in Australia with food and lodgings, medical attention if needed etc etc.

2. What assurance do they have that she will return to Thailand at the end of her visa and not simply disappear. Etc etc etc.

If you sponser her to Australia and she does a runner on you -it will be on your head and not viewed lightly by Immigration.

There is some good and some bad advice in the replies so far - my advice is to think very carefully what and why you want to bring this girl to Aust.,. make an informed decision based on what is good for you - nobody else..

Khutan, You seem very sure of your claims. If the advice you have given in the quoted three points above refer to tourist visas, please name the source of this information.

If you are only stating your thoughts on these issues, or if you have formed an opinion based on one or two of your friends and their experiences, then you should indicate this in your posts, otherwise such claims could mislead those who ask questions in this forum.

Mighty Mouse, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

This is from my experience with the Embassy.

If your Girlfriend has a high-end job for a long period of time and has a good income, then its easy to go and get a visa by herself.

However, the general route is "Sponsorship" or assurance from the Boyfriend Husband etc that all expenses will be paid and that she will leave the country before the visa expires.

There are various things that the embassy can ask for to sponsor your girlfriend for a holiday to Australia for a Tourist Visa. A Marraige visa I know is a longer process and one I have not done, as neither Mrs Khutan nor I have a desire to live in Australia.

During the process to get the visa for Mrs Khutan, I got onto someone senior at the Embassy and I was able to ask what they say as a successful applicant. That was the list supplied and after a few retries of getting the huge amount of documentation the visa was successful on the first "Official" application.

The comment one phne call a week was certainly mentioned, and also they wanted to see savings from a Certified copy of the Bank Statement, as well as emails and a letter from my employer. (I was a one of the many GM's at "household Name.com")

I hope that helps, and we have not done an application since they opened the Visa Processing Centre, so maybe also they have a different points scoring system.

And Finally, Good Luck and I hope that you both have a nice holiday.

Khutan, You seem very sure of your claims. If the advice you have given in the quoted three points above refer to tourist visas, please name the source of this information.

If you are only stating your thoughts on these issues, or if you have formed an opinion based on one or two of your friends and their experiences, then you should indicate this in your posts, otherwise such claims could mislead those who ask questions in this forum.

Khutan, My fiance has applied for 2 visas now in the last 16 months..a 3 month was asked for and granted the first time and the second time she asked for a 3 month and got a 12 month multi entry visa...

I supplied first time...three X monthly phone bills showing that I rang her about 6 times...a handful of letters...about 10 photos...her Atm receipts showing current balance (about 3000 baht)...6 months worth of my payslips and the last tax return slip...photocopys of my Dept of Justice ID and my drivers licence...Some bank statements highlighting where I had transferred money to her (the account balance was never huge)...A stat dec stating I would support her and ensure that she abided by the conditions of her visa and that she was coming for the purpose of a holiday only. The visa was granted on the first go...

Second time....add more photos of her here in Perth, a couple of letters...current payslips....an updated Stat Dec and the last tax return slip...again there was no problem and they issued a better visa than I asked for.

I have assisted a number of people with their applications here in Perth over the last year and none have submitted the things you have stated...all were successful first go.

Having said that...certainly if you are maybe weak in some areas as the OP is, then bulking up or building up the areas where you are strong will not do any harm to the chances of success.

Edited by gburns57au

...certainly if you are maybe weak in some areas as the OP is, then bulking up or building up the areas where you are strong will not do any harm to the chances of success.

Logical thinking.

A well balanced application is what applicants should strive for.

I personally don't believe that there are any official or unofficial 'rules of thumb' with regard to length of relationship, number of phone calls, bank balances etc.

It's the overall package that counts.

Two posters in this thread had very short relationships ( two months and less) before successfully applying for a tourist visa. The Embassy may have thought that the length of the relationship was weak, but regarded other points in the application as being strong enough to grant the visa.

With this in mind, people like the OP should not be discouraged from applying for a visa just because (in the opinion of other posters) one area of the overall package may be weaker than ideal.

Thanks for all the replys that have been given it's very informative and very much appreciated.

I have contacted the Australian Embassy this morning and they have confirmed that I need supply the following

1. Letter saying that I will fully support her financially

2. Bank statement with a minimum of $1,000 for each month she will be here. (Which I have no problem showing)

3. They said that it did not matter about the length of the relationship

4. They said the application would take 3-6 months for an approval just for a 3 month tourist visa.

When I mentioned that it says on the Australian Bangkok application centre website it takes 3-5 days to get an approval they said they could not comment on that and It would take 3-6months according to their information.

I have also got a local council member in Queensland who is a friend writing a letter of support and my mother will also supply a stat dec.

Cheers

Aussie_21

Edited by aussie_21

You will save money and potential future headache if you return to Thailand, however may times you wish, and fraternize with her and get to know her and her situation better. Plus, you can keep your eyes and ears open for other potential mates. It's too easy to get sucked in to a relationship that winds up feeling like a drain - emotionally and financially. Better to try and keep it light. If she proves to be taking advantage (as so many are intent to do) then you can find out before you get all entangled in her snare - and then you can ease out and the most you're out is a bruised heart and a thinner wallet. If she's good as gold, then take the plunge.

Good luck and keep in mind, there are lots of other options out there.

Thanks for all the replys that have been given it's very informative and very much appreciated.

I have contacted the Australian Embassy this morning and they have confirmed that I need supply the following

1. Letter saying that I will fully support her financially

2. Bank statement with a minimum of $1,000 for each month she will be here. (Which I have no problem showing)

3. They said that it did not matter about the length of the relationship

4. They said the application would take 3-6 months for an approval just for a 3 month tourist visa.

When I mentioned that it says on the Australian Bangkok application centre website it takes 3-5 days to get an approval they said they could not comment on that and It would take 3-6months according to their information.

I have also got a local council member in Queensland who is a friend writing a letter of support and my mother will also supply a stat dec.

Cheers

Aussie_21

1. Get a Stat dec made up and signed instead of a letter......

2. I havent heard or experienced this before...usually if you have a reasonable income then you are ok....However if you can cover it then do so.

3. They wont tell as there is no apparent policy on it...They are unlikely to say "If you have known her for X amount of months we will give her a visa"

4. Either the person you spoke is speaking out of their rear-end or they are trying to deter you...as you already know the waiting time is a lot less than that.

The Council members letter and your Mums Stat Dec will be of good assistance...

As MM said....Please keep us informed no matter what the result.

• 3 weeks later...

Just in the final stages of preparing the application and need a bit more advice.

With photos can they be printed on paper in black and white? Also the Souvenir photos we got at the temple and also a elephant riding photo be photo copied?

We also have taken a trip to Chiang Mai together so should her receipt be photo copied or the original reciept be given?

With the money transfer and my payslips can they also be photo copied? Also can my passport and drivers licence be photo copied?

If we need to provide the originals will they be returned to us after the visa has been processed?

Or can I just take the original documents to a police station in Oz and get them certifed or does that need to be done at the visa app centre?

Cheers

Aussie_21

Edited by aussie_21

Just in the final stages of preparing the application and need a bit more advice.

With photos can they be printed on paper in black and white? Also the Souvenir photos we got at the temple and also a elephant riding photo be photo copied?

We also have taken a trip to Chiang Mai together so should her receipt be photo copied or the original reciept be given?

With the money transfer and my payslips can they also be photo copied? Also can my passport and drivers licence be photo copied?

If we need to provide the originals will they be returned to us after the visa has been processed?

Or can I just take the original documents to a police station in Oz and get them certifed or does that need to be done at the visa app centre?

Cheers

Aussie_21

Photso are photos, regardless of the paper colour, black and whites will be accepted.

If your gonna try to photocopy a photo, make sure its done good, either way it will be accepted, but if it looks like shit, they might not look at it. Just provide the original as well ( whats more important, hanging on to afew original photos or getting the visa approved )

Up to you about copying travel reciepts, a copy will be enough, if its a shit copy they might ask to see the original reciept.

Pay slips can be copied but Im not sure about money reciepts, just give the originals if you have no reason to hang onto them.

Passport has to be coppied and then signed as being a true copy (a JP can do that)

I guess the same would apply to your drivers liscence ( you dont need to show drivers liscence anyway unless you need to proove address )

Ask the visa app center if the doccuments will be returned, all the people I know who have applied have had all originals returned, but just call the app center and ask.

You can have any JP sign the doccuments as being true copys, or just go to a police station.

JUST TO BE SAFE, TAKE ALL ORIGINALS WITH YOU WHEN YOU APPLY, THEY CAN ALSO CHECK THEM AT THE APP CENTER AND THEN THEY WILL RETURN THE ORIGINALS TO YOU STRAIGHT AWAY

Dont forget to put a certified copy of your birth cert in as well with your passport, if you were born in Oz (aussie citizen by birth)

The Embassy don't state what quality they expect from (copies of) photographs. It would reflect rather poorly on the overall application if the quality of photographs was so bad that the subjects couldn't be recognised.

From my experience, all original photographs, emails, letters etc. that have been included in the application, are returned to the applicant.

If you consider this document to be an important part of the application, include it. If you supply a copy of it, you must have it verified as a genuine copy.

Verify each copy. Refer to the list of authorised people who the Embassy accept for verifying copies.

Usually, yes, but it doesn't hurt to request in your covering letter that all original documents be returned to you.

Your local Australian Police Station is one of the best places to verify copies of original documents. They do it quickly with a signature and the stations official stamp, and they don't charge for the service.

Just in case you get a junior member of the police attending to this duty, make sure that they stamp the copies with the stations official stamp. Some junior members forget to do this.

Cheers

Aussie_21

my gf got denied a 30 day to the US

She has a:

House

Car

Finishing her Masters in TEFL

Steady job for 3 years

is 28

And she got denied on not enough proof that she will return.

Leaving the kid behind might make the difference, but it's not so easy.

Unfortunately this thread is in regards to Oz visas and not US ones...so while we can sympathise with you, we cant really comment on decisions made by the US immigration.

Thanks again for all the replys. I have decided to just include all originals and just hope to hel_l that I will get them back. I have also been to the local police station and have got everything certifed as well including the photos that I photo copied with the frames saying where it was.

Should I include my original birth certificate and passport or just use the certifed copies? I also got certifed all 6 of my Thai entry and exit stamps.

I would hate for my passport to be lost and then can't get out of the country.

Cheers

Aussie_21

Thanks again for all the replys. I have decided to just include all originals and just hope to hel_l that I will get them back. I have also been to the local police station and have got everything certifed as well including the photos that I photo copied with the frames saying where it was.

Should I include my original birth certificate and passport or just use the certifed copies? I also got certifed all 6 of my Thai entry and exit stamps.

I would hate for my passport to be lost and then can't get out of the country.

Cheers

Aussie_21

Any important ID documents should be certified copied....DO NOT send originals of passports or BC's...

my gf got denied a 30 day to the US

She has a:

House

Car

Finishing her Masters in TEFL

Steady job for 3 years

is 28

And she got denied on not enough proof that she will return.

Leaving the kid behind might make the difference, but it's not so easy.

Unfortunately this thread is in regards to Oz visas and not US ones...so while we can sympathise with you, we cant really comment on decisions made by the US immigration.

The point he was trying to make was that regardless of tourist visa destination, his ladies tourist visa was refeused because there was not enough proof she would return to Thailand.

Aussie21's lady also has a baby here, so by leaving the child here, she would have a reason to come back to Thailand. Reason to return because of a child is very strong evidence from the embassy's point of view, so if Aussie21's lady left her child here, im sure the embassy would not refuse her visa due to lack of proof to return.

And Aussie21, NO! Do not give original passport and birth certificate. Just give certified copies of them (they are very important doccuments and the visa app center would proably not accept your real passport anyway :o

I need some help trying to get a 3 month Tourist visa to Australia for my 19yo Thai girlfriend. I am only a 21 year old guy living in Melbourne but have a good job for over 2 years and have good salary but not to much savings. I have been to Thailand 6 times sine June 2005 and the next trip will be in just 5 weeks when I hope to be able to get a TV for my thai GF to return with me in mid November.

I have known her for about 1 month and I took her to BKK with her mama to get a passport last week and she has a 18 month old babie but the babie will remain in Thailand while she comes for a 3 month holiday. Is the babie reason enough for her to return to thailand in the eyes of the embassy? She also has a friend who owns a salon in Pattaya so she could make up a work letter as well. Should I have any other problems trying to get her the visa in early November?

get her over on a fiance visa,she can stay for 6months...if it doesnt work,back she goes,i took this chance,ive been happily married for over 2 years now and live in the uk,we have a holiday home in samui,and are thinking of moving there permanantely soon... good luck

I need some help trying to get a 3 month Tourist visa to Australia for my 19yo Thai girlfriend. I am only a 21 year old guy living in Melbourne but have a good job for over 2 years and have good salary but not to much savings. I have been to Thailand 6 times sine June 2005 and the next trip will be in just 5 weeks when I hope to be able to get a TV for my thai GF to return with me in mid November.

I have known her for about 1 month and I took her to BKK with her mama to get a passport last week and she has a 18 month old babie but the babie will remain in Thailand while she comes for a 3 month holiday. Is the babie reason enough for her to return to thailand in the eyes of the embassy? She also has a friend who owns a salon in Pattaya so she could make up a work letter as well. Should I have any other problems trying to get her the visa in early November?

[/quote

Hi Aussie 21

Looks like you need all the help you can get with this one!

Reading through this thread, I think one point in particular has been overlooked.

If your girl is under 20 years old, then she needs formal permission from her parents to leave the country.

She needs to go to her District Office with her parents and get an official letter giving their consent to travel abroad.

This letter should then be translated to English, and legalised at the Thai Foreign Ministry.

I believe this is an essential part of the visa application package for any Thai under 20 years of age.

Best of luck with your application.

Can some one please give more information on what Resonant has just said.

I would think that if she has been given a passport which is used to travel outside the country and her mother needed to help her with that then everything should be ok?

it's better to have a notorized letter and not need it than to not have it and need it. Cover your ass 6 ways to sunday.