Death of woman shot dead in Chonburi is a freak accident, say police

webfact

Death of woman shot dead in Chonburi is a freak accident, say police

s2.jpg
image: Khoasod.co.th

CHONBURI:-- A woman in Chonburi was killed after accidentally shooting herself in the early hours of Sunday morning, police have said.

Miss Tanada Jantra, 28, died of a gunshot wound to the chest after returning from a night out with a friend.

Miss Jantra, originally from Samut Prakan, worked as a sales assistant at a cosmetics store in a shopping centre in Chonburi.

Khaosod reports how Miss Jantra had been out drinking with a friend, Miss Sininas Nuengjamnong, 20, on Saturday evening before returning to the room belonging to Miss Sininas at Lumpini Condominium in Baan Suan, Chonburi.

It is reported that after the two women returned to the room, Miss Jantra, was about to go to sleep when she felt something on the bed. Miss Sininas then warned her friend that a gun was kept under the pillow.

However, as Miss Sininas warned her friend, it is alleged that Miss Jantra tried to remove the gun but in doing so, the gun accidently discharged, resulting in Miss Jantra suffering a gunshot wound to the chest.

Police officers were promptly called to the scene. However, after speaking to Miss Sininas and following the conclusion of forensic testing, officers ruled that the death was a tragic accident.

Miss Sininas allegedly told police that gun belonged to her boyfriend and that she and Miss Jantra had been very good friends.

Police are still yet to determine whether Ms Sininas will be charged with negligence relating to the death of her friend.

Source: Khaosod

tvn.png
-- 2015-09-21

What kind of gun? Revolver? Impossible unless the hammer was cocked. Pistol? Impossible unless a round was in the chamber. Besides - how does one shoot oneself in the chest? That is a very awkward position to shoot yourself. So something does not sound quite right - or facts are not complete. Probably the latter.

I recently visited a friend's land. Nice walled 5 or 6 rai with nice a couple of nice bungalows, ponds, livestock, some cultivation. Very recreational and relaxing.

In the corner of the bungalow a pump action shotgun was propped up in the corner near the door. My friend saw me looking and opened an unlocked desk drawer. In there was one S&W .22 revolver, one Walther 9 mm automatic pistol, several loose rounds of .22 and shotgun cartridges. My wife went to grab the revolver and I know was going to point it at me for a joke. I stopped her. On inspection it was fully loaded. The Walther was loaded and someone had previously cocked it.

The family's children, and their friends' children would all have very easy access to those guns.

I have other friends who shoot hand guns regularly at ranges. They also carry and store guns without any real regard to safety or security.

Scary.

Oh Pleeze Trogers, do not rub it in, I am already regretting everyday for buying condos at Lumpini projects ie Lumpini Onnut 46, Lumpini Chaengwattana, Lumpini Bangna, Lumpini Sutthisan, etc and discovering later that the lower life forms that stay there are so dirty, corridors being dirtied, lobbies dirty, creatures sweeping their dirt into the corridors, creatures throwing things from the balconies, creatures making a lot of noise in the rooms, etc etc.

First thing this useless Police Force should do is to investigate where the BF got the gun - no doubt its not registred and illegal as the 10,000,000 other guns in Thailand are ... Stay away from here, its a jungle ...

are you saying there is 10 million guns in Thailand that are not registered ?.

where did you get this number from ?

It's interesting that the friend has the surname of a very rich and powerful Chonburi business family (Neuangjamnong), who effectively own some towns in the hinterland of the province.

A female member of this family was found shot to death in the front seat of her BMW a few years back, for which nobody was ever arrested.

The only reason to have a handgun and keep it at your residence is to kill someone. Most people don't even know how to use one and if confronted by an intruder would fire and miss-giving the intruder the advantage. Handguns should belong to only the police and the Armed Forces. Yes, I am American but I have never owned one and never will.

Friend appears to be a hooker/gang member (full back tattoo).

Sales assistant in Pattaya .......... makes me wonder!

Perhaps with your superb detective and observation skills, you can identify whether these men with tattoos are hookers or gang members?

post-9891-0-52350100-1442835865_thumb.jppost-9891-0-24693500-1442835876_thumb.jppost-9891-0-04705700-1442835883_thumb.jp

A tough clamp down on guns is needed in Thailand. Only Police and the Military should be allowed t have them. Anyone else found with a gun should be given a harsh penelty

You are not from the USA I take it........?

No thank god I am not. The US gun laws are at best archaic

A tough clamp down on guns is needed in Thailand. Only Police and the Military should be allowed t have them. Anyone else found with a gun should be given a harsh penelty

You are not from the USA I take it........?

No thank god I am not. The US gun laws are at best archaic

The word is constitutional.