Pracha Samphan Road

bladyslacker

:o:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

does anyone live at pracha samphan road? maybe you're a resident at one of the guesthouses or condos there.

i need more information on Wachirawit School at Pracha Samphan road. i'm planning to teach there and it seems that they've confirmed me for the job. but they've yet to provide a letter or some contract to agree upon, so that i can submit these documents to apply for a visa. i'm worried cos the new term starts next month and as you know it, thai people work a bit slower.

any tips for a newbie teacher in chiangmai?

Nobody lives on this neck of the woods huh? I remember a Welsh, and English boy from Southampton and another from the US. Don't suppose they surf Thaivisa forum?

I lived across the street for several years.Knew a few teachers and I almost worked there once. I sat in one class, it was total chaos, 50-60 students in one room and very loud. They turnover teachers on aregular basis like most thai schools. They try to short you on the pay too, 20- 22k a month, well below the going rate. Make sure to dress nice, the lady priinciple likes that. Hold out for more money, believe me and do your due diligence. There are some good jobs if you look hard enough. They like newbies that dont know the ropes. good luck

frankly, i've still yet to receive a contract or any sort of document from them that allows me to apply for a visa in my country.

worse still... my communication with them so far as been with a teacher. not even the school administrator nor the principal has spoken to me since the interview with them 3 weeks ago.

but on a positive note... the teacher has told me not to worry about the visa and the work permit, because they will be applying on my behalf.

will that be written in the contract? when will i get a contract?

i've been reading a lot about the nightmares some teachers face... and i see mine slowly unfolding now. trying to talk myself to remain positive... jai yen yen!!!

frankly, i've still yet to receive a contract or any sort of document from them that allows me to apply for a visa in my country.

worse still... my communication with them so far as been with a teacher. not even the school administrator nor the principal has spoken to me since the interview with them 3 weeks ago.

but on a positive note... the teacher has told me not to worry about the visa and the work permit, because they will be applying on my behalf.

i've been reading a lot about the nightmares some teachers face... and i see mine slowly unfolding now. trying to talk myself to remain positive... jai yen yen!!!

And you believe that? Nothing in writing? Good luck!! :o:D:D

well, they're all coming with their students for an exchange program where i am at right now. so i guess that's when i will know the details and what exactly is expected of me.

as for the pay... well... 20K is good enough for me. it's more than the average thai teacher.

besides, somtum and kao niaow and 7litres of water will only cost 37B.

well, they're all coming with their students for an exchange program where i am at right now. so i guess that's when i will know the details and what exactly is expected of me.

as for the pay... well... 20K is good enough for me. it's more than the average thai teacher.

Great way to live. Must be cheap water.

Yup . . . . . . in YOUR part of the desert . . . .

JxP

JxP

Current black-market price for a bottle of Johnnie Black is US$200. I'll stick to the water thanks... :o

Edited by Blinky Bill

mate, an average human drinks 7litres of water a day. (not beer... water.)

water can be purchased at 1B per litre from the water dispensing machine. so i guess you're right. cheap water indeed!

JxP

100Pipers... 1000B with mixers included.

Not strong enough? Try Mekhong... 199B, buy your own mixers.

Either way, get drunk, wake up the next day, drink Hang... go to work.

Current black-market price for a bottle of Johnnie Black is US$200. I'll stick to the water thanks... :o

Beware, the current crop of ex-pats in town may not take kindly to a Farang teacher willing to live like a Thai on a Thai salary. But really, you can expect to spend twice that on food these days.

Beware, the current crop of ex-pats in town may not take kindly to a Farang teacher willing to live like a Thai on a Thai salary. But really, you can expect to spend twice that on food these days.

Maybe it's because you haven't lived here in more than 15 years, but it really is no problem living on 20k per month here in Chiang Mai, and there isn't any problem with the expats in this regard, I feel sure.

Firstly, pom mai chai farang.

Next, Thai salary is lower than what you think it is.

But you're absolutely correct, food is not cheap these days. It is cheap if you eat really little. They've kept the same price, but they've reduced the serving portion.

You can still find 10B khanom cheen, but you may need 3 bowls.

Then again, Mama and Waiwai is cheap.

Food at the school is cheap also.

Once in a while, a visit to McDonalds should make sure your protein level is kept normal.

By the way, insects are a good source of protein...

Some people in Thailand survive on 200B a day.

But if you're a farang who wipes ass with 4-ply toilet paper, then maybe it won't be enough for you. Teachers don't live hiso life. You want hiso, you do other jobs.

I reckon you need to apply for this yourself outside the country with a letter of invitation from the school.

That is correct. All visa applications must be handled in person, and involve travelling abroad. The work permit can be handled by the school though.
Immigration can also give you visa for work, but you must already have a 30 day visa, or have a 60 day visa... And a job Edited by Ajarn

Maybe it's because you haven't lived here in more than 15 years, but it really is no problem living on 20k per month here in Chiang Mai, and there isn't any problem with the expats in this regard, I feel sure.

Ignoring your rather mysterious personal issues with me (If there is a movement by others asking me to cease posting then I shall gladly depart these boards. If there is a decision by the moderators requesting that former ex-pats make no postings I would of course also willingly comply. In the meantime, I am not going away so why don't you just get over whatever it is about my postings that irritates you.) I perhaps misunderstood the OP and thought he implied that he could feed himself on 37B per day, and I reckon it was close to double that. I think it is vey easy to live on 20K a month, and to live rather comfortable at that. Most of my Thai friends live on less per month.

And perhaps I need to use those smiley things more often to note when I have my tongue placed a bit in my cheek. :o

Ignoring your rather mysterious personal issues with me (If there is a movement by others asking me to cease posting then I shall gladly depart these boards. If there is a decision by the moderators requesting that former ex-pats make no postings I would of course also willingly comply. In the meantime, I am not going away so why don't you just get over whatever it is about my postings that irritates you.) I perhaps misunderstood the OP and thought he implied that he could feed himself on 37B per day, and I reckon it was close to double that. I think it is vey easy to live on 20K a month, and to live rather comfortable at that. Most of my Thai friends live on less per month.

And perhaps I need to use those smiley things more often to note when I have my tongue placed a bit in my cheek. :o

i have no personal issues with you. Just responding to innacurate information.

Stop whinning.