Panthongtae gives Bt7 million reward to police

Lite Beer

A new process for crime solving in Thailand, Non involved individuals offer rewards, supplied by themselves, to those providing info to solve the crime, payable via BIB of course. The rewards in this case have been publized as cash payments.

Where do they go from here in the future national image /security threats that will have to be handled and solved quickly? Possibly a contest between the elite families as to can give the mostest, the quickest, prior to any legal conviction. Sounds like practice runs to hiring a group of what some would call a private army to do your bidding.

The question I would like to see answered is why Somyot and even thaksin thought they had to pay millions for their juniors to investigate this terrible crime...

What happened to a chain of command and giving orders??

Does he not even have enough leverage over his own guys to make them do some work for the salary they already get??

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just that, once they get a taste for it, they develop an insatiable appetite for more!

Seriously though, as quite a few people have noted above, it seems that the PM is unable to restrain these guys (the rotten tomatoes).

This episode makes me think just how tenuous Prayut’s hold on power may be. One can only imagine what may have happened if the police chose to side with the ‘elected’ government when the coup was being carried out.

post-209291-0-30682800-1443964923_thumb.

Edited by waldroj

It's just that, once they get a taste for it, they develop an insatiable appetite for more!

Seriously though, as quite a few people have noted above, it seems that the PM is unable to restrain these guys (the rotten tomatoes).

This episode makes me think just how tenuous Prayuts hold on power may be. One can only imagine what may have happened if the police chose to side with the elected government when the coupe was being carried out.

I think the army could teach the police who's in charge pretty quickly if that happened

Nobody wants to use heavy duty arms on their fellow countrymen so I guess the police would shit themselves if army tanks surrounded their hq and aimed the cannons squarely at it

It is not about justice for the victims and their families.

It is not about respect for Royal Thai Police and a job well done.

It is not about bringing honor and great face to Thailand.

It is all about reward money. How disrespectful this is.

The cost of staying relevant / in the news = 7 mill for spoiled dynasty brat.

Yes; and let's NOT forget that this money ('so gallantly given-away' is money that was STOLEN from the Thai people in the first place, hey ! ! ! !

It is not about justice for the victims and their families.

It is not about respect for Royal Thai Police and a job well done.

It is not about bringing honor and great face to Thailand.

It is all about reward money. How disrespectful this is.

I don't think it is even about reward money. More likely a bribe dressed up as a reward to make the Shins look good.

Thaksins attempt to keep 'HIS POLICE FORCE" on his side, to my mind it has nothing to do with the bombing.

As if they don't get enough with the never ending road blocks, taking from the stupid Thais who refuse to wear helmets.

This is a FARSE---not a FORCE.

Where did he get 7million baht from to start with?

You don't know ???? Million ?? chicken feed a little interest from 1 bank this week. That family collectively Have mega BILLIONS and I mean MEGA.

How many police---divide that 7 million by the number of police---they will all get a KFC ice cream. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Thailand, where the moral compass points south.

Unlike what other country?

Or are you just a Thai hater?

Don't be dense. This doesn't happen in civilized countries.

Spot on old boy, nothing like this could happen in say the UK or USA.or any civilized country.

http://www.rt.com/uk/315759-police-bribes-corruption-soho/

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/09/24/national/crime-legal/transport-ministry-official-former-

http://www.unian.info/society/1116092-head-of-the-odesa-police-arrested-for-bribery.html

http://www.wonderslist.com/10-most-corrupt-police-forces-in-the-world/

Edited by ratcatcher

Posters on here, can argue ALL DAY LONG, about,, "this doesn't happen in civilized countries",,, VS,, "OH yes it does",, and both sides, can copy and paste some news articles from every other country in the world to counter BOTH sides of their arguements,,, The truth is,, YES,, It DOES happen in EVERY SINGLE country in the world,,, The difference here?,,,, While Thailand considers themselves to be a civilized country,, They'll pull this kind of $hit, in FULL view of EVERYONE, post it up on the news channels, make a big deal about it,, as if it's a,,, "normal" way of doing business,,, (which of course it is),,, They'll feel absolutely, NO shame about it, NONE,,, NO loss of, "face",, no thinking about how absolutely corrupt, childish, assinine, completely, FOOLISH, it makes them look to both their own people, and the world in general,,, Where as most other countries it happens in?,,, hide it,, DON'T publisize it,,, Why?,,, because they KNOW IT'S WRONG!, but still of course do it anyway,,, Thailand seems to have ZERO knowledge of that concept,,,, Add into the mix that while they of course LOVE tourist $$$ flowing in,,, They STILL consider EVERYONE other than themselves to be, "2nd class",,,, Anyone that bothers to challenge that?,,,, Just ask people like, "Andrew Drummon",, or the "Farlang" that recently called out the top level, plaggerist,, (among many others I'm quite sure),, about how THEY were treated for speaking about what actually goes on, on a DAILY basis here,,,, The polish on this,, "turd",, has worn off for me,,,, Only, ONE very simple question needs to be asked,, "How in the WORLD, are higher up Thai, RTP/politico's, worth MILLIONS, if not BILLIONS of Baht?",,, For working in a position that pays, NO where near to those amounts,,,,

Edited by Adeeos

Posters on here, can argue ALL DAY LONG, about,, "this doesn't happen in civilized countries",,, VS,, "OH yes it does",, and both sides, can copy and paste some news articles from every other country in the world to counter BOTH sides of their arguements,,, The truth is,, YES,, It DOES happen in EVERY SINGLE country in the world,,, The difference here?,,,, While Thailand considers themselves to be a civilized country,, They'll pull this kind of $hit, in FULL view of EVERYONE, post it up on the news channels, make a big deal about it,, as if it's a,,, "normal" way of doing business,,, (which of course it is),,, They'll feel absolutely, NO shame about it, NONE,,, NO loss of, "face",, no thinking about how absolutely corrupt, childish, assinine, completely, FOOLISH, it makes them look to both their own people, and the world in general,,, Where as most other countries it happens in?,,, hide it,, DON'T publisize it,,, Why?,,, because they KNOW IT'S WRONG!, but still of course do it anyway,,, Thailand seems to have ZERO knowledge of that concept,,,, Add into the mix that while they of course LOVE tourist $$$ flowing in,,, They STILL consider EVERYONE other than themselves to be, "2nd class",,,, Anyone that bothers to challenge that?,,,, Just ask people like, "Andrew Drummon",, or the "Farlang" that recently called out the top level, plaggerist,, (among many others I'm quite sure),, about how THEY were treated for speaking about what actually goes on, on a DAILY basis here,,,, The polish on this,, "turd",, has worn off for me,,,, Only, ONE very simple question needs to be asked,, "How in the WORLD, are higher up Thai, RTP/politico's, worth MILLIONS, if not BILLIONS of Baht?",,, For working in a position that pays, NO where near to those amounts,,,,

I agree with some of what you wrote -

................................"The truth is,, YES,, It DOES happen in EVERY SINGLE country in the world,,, The difference here?,,,, While Thailand considers themselves to be a civilized country,, They'll pull this kind of $hit, in FULL view of EVERYONE, post it up on the news channels, make a big deal about it,, as if it's a,,, "normal" way of doing business,,, (which of course it is)".............................

A lot of us forget where we at times and we want Thailand to be more like home. But it is not, and I doubt it ever will be, at least not in my lifetime.

....................."Only, ONE very simple question needs to be asked,, "How in the WORLD, are higher up Thai, RTP/politico's, worth MILLIONS, if not BILLIONS of Baht?",,, For working in a position that pays, NO where near to those amounts,,,,"...........................

It is because they are bent, unashamedly bent. And the sad thing is it is accepted, it is the norm in Thailand.

Andrew Drummond has a lot of followers, and there are people who think he is a lying dog. Personally I put him in the same category as that paid hack the Bangkok Pundit, and it would not surprise me if they were the same person.

The so called civilized countries do a lot worse. David Cameron and oral sex with a pig - the Cronyism and blatant. The Bush's starting WARS to benefit their oil companies.

A little corruption out in the open is better than the US, UK screwing the entire world but all very underground that most are too stupid to even see it going on.

I love Thaiand and have been here just over 30years I hate seeing these , usualy retired, moaners trying to belittle Thailand while probablly not even able to say more than "thaorai boom boom tee rak" in Thai

You don't know ???? Million ?? chicken feed a little interest from 1 bank this week. That family collectively Have mega BILLIONS and I mean MEGA.

How many police---divide that 7 million by the number of police---they will all get a KFC ice cream. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

7 million USD is chump change to that family.

Oak Shinawatra donated 7 million baht. Not a lot to him indeed. However you seem to think he donated $7 million dollars at today's rates about B250 million plus.

Even the well heeled Shins don't throw that kind of coin in the path of the Royal Thai Police for any reason..

Oak Shinawatra donated 7 million baht. Not a lot to him indeed. However you seem to think he donated $7 million dollars at today's rates about B250 million plus.

Even the well heeled Shins don't throw that kind of coin in the path of the Royal Thai Police for any reason..

We really don't know what amounts get thrown around in the back rooms

Taksin alone is worth billions of $,

God knows how much he benefitted personally from the rice scheme or other schemes he masterminded under yingluck and the ptp

Probably a lot more than the paltry 7 million reward to catch the bombers

But I guess we can only imagine a fraction of what that whole family might be worth...

Actually, my sentence was unclear. I was attempting to refer to gyrosman comment above it. The point was that $7M USD ...much less baht..wouldn't put a dent in the family fortune