Triple Entry Visa-Thai Immigration asking for hotel bookings

Hi, I am a Canadian working in Qatar. I went to the Thai Embassy in Qatar to apply for a triple entry visa as I am finishing up my job and plan on travelling in Thailand for the next 6 months.

The girl at the immigration counter told me that they require 3 hotel bookings to apply for the triple entry. I told her that I plan on travelling all over Thailand and therefore couldn't book any hotels. She said they didn't require confirmations, only bookings, which would be for example: 01November - 60 day hotel booking, 07Jan-60 day hotel booking, 15Mar-60 day hotel booking.

How can I go about showing these hotel ,bookings, to immigration so that I can get a triple entry visa?

Thanks,

Sorry, my mistake. I meant Embassy/consulate in Qatar.

Kitsune, that is what they want is a hotel booking print out. But I really don't want to book 6 months of hotels and then turn around and cancel it right away. A couple of the hotel websites I checked such as Agoda and Expedia will only let you book for a maximum 30 days. Which means that I would have to make 6 hotel bookings, then cancel 6 hotel bookings.

Update. Just picked up my triple entry visa.

This is what I had to submit to the Thai Embassy in Doha:

1. All my flight bookings to satisfy all entry-exits for triple entry.

2. All my hotel bookings to stay in Thailand 3x60 days each.

3. Proof of employment letter that included my position and salary.

I was surprised how much info. I had to provide the embassy. Note that this is specific to the Thai embassy in Qatar as my friend in Canada didn't have to provide any of this to get his triple entry visa.

Did you need proof of payment of the flights for each entry/exit? I picked up a triple entry at the honorary consulate in Edmonton last September and the requirements were minimal. In fact I think I forgot to bring my flight details with me and it wasn't a problem as one of the consular employees just asked me to e-mail them to her later and they still gave me the visa. It's been mentioned here several times but worth noting again to avoid embassies, even the Canadian consulate in Chiang Mai is much better to deal with than the embassy in Bangkok.

Did you need proof of payment of the flights for each entry/exit? I picked up a triple entry at the honorary consulate in Edmonton last September and the requirements were minimal. In fact I think I forgot to bring my flight details with me and it wasn't a problem as one of the consular employees just asked me to e-mail them to her later and they still gave me the visa. It's been mentioned here several times but worth noting again to avoid embassies, even the Canadian consulate in Chiang Mai is much better to deal with than the embassy in Bangkok.

Good advice re: the consulate in Edmonton. My friend sent his passport away to Ottawa.

My bookings did have proof of payment for my flights (which I cancelled right after)

But I don't think you require proof of payment as my hotels were only bookings and not confirmations.

The lady at the embassy also said only need bookings and not confirmations.