Chiang Mai Gyms

JackKee

Talking about gyms out Mae Jo or Mae Jo road way there's a new one being built in the new Ruamchok plaza called Mae Jo Fitness Center

(https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ruamchok-Fitness-Center/1721850774728054?fref=ts)

Also MiniGym (https://www.facebook.com/MiniGymChiangMai/?fref=ts) but it seemed overpriced to a point that they didn't want customers

Oh. It's open now? They said they will inform members when open again. Lol

Good to know this.

Open a little bit. They don't have the new machines yet. So they'll close again in a couple of weeks to switch out the old equipment.I'd wait a month before giving them any money.

Edited by Rob13
  • Like 2

Oh. It's open now? They said they will inform members when open again. Lol

Good to know this.

Open a little bit. They don't have the new machines yet. So they'll close again in a couple of weeks to switch out the old equipment.I'd wait a month before giving them any money.

At the price they are asking, I would have to train every day but your body needs a break to grow. I was doing six days a week before (chest, back, shoulders, biceps/triceps and then legs one muscle group a day) and then one day of cardio. Now doing a day on and a day off and I have grown a lot more on the same macro base.

I would like a clean, aircon environment to train in. Having a steam room to sit in for 10 minutes after training would be helpful and a clean hot and cold shower area would be maybe worth the extra money (just maybe).

I spend two hours a day in the gym, so maybe I would get my money's worth if they had all the right equipment.

Go Gym has just about everything I need and it is cheap at a 1/4 of the price.

Go Gym is good but their shower facilities suck. Too many mosquitoes and not very clean.

Which means I jump on the bike and go home (Mae Rim). Not very pleasant in this heat.

It's one area they need to fix up otherwise they do have a good set up with lots of equipment. Also good to see gym etiquette. ..i.e no dropping of weights and very little loud grunting. I visited one gym a while back and these 2 things got me out of there quick smart.

Control is just as important when lifting weights, if you can't control them then go for lighter weights. Simple really!

When it was still "Touch" I paid 18.5k for year.

21,000 a year now. Went and checked yesterday

Go Gym is 5900 a year. A big price difference for a sauna, steam room and air conditioning

Am curious if the gym is owned by the same guy, I see most of the same staff in those yellow shirts when I went to Maya. I went to Maya for a while because it was close, but moved on to Harris for the following reasons

1. Maya had way to many staff there was like 20 staff in there all the time and like 3 people working out, eating, sitting on benches, playing games,

2. Price was too much really for what was offered and then they came out with some buy 2 months but get 3 but the 2 months was more expensive then how much i was paying for 3

3. Not enough free weight equipment at one time there was only one flat bench and not very many plates, pretty much useless for a power lifter, he have to take all the plates in the place and still might not have enough

not sure what happened to people's touch memberships as I quit the gym before it changed, be curious to see what it looks like in the future